I’m so excited to share today’s recipe. I almost always have leftover taco meat leftover. Some times I have enough to freeze and other times only about a half cup. That’s how these Open-Faced Mexican Breakfast Tacos came about. The term “put an egg on it” is so true in my home. I know that if I put an egg on something my husband will devour it. That’s exactly what happened with these Open-Faced Mexican Breakfast Tacos. I call them open faced because you can easily eat this with a fork and knife. Or you can break the yolk and eat it like a traditional taco.
These are so easy to make. In fact you can make this in about 10 minutes time or less. Just re-heat the beef and chorizo taco meat. Preheat a pan with unsalted butter. Begin frying each egg individually until over easy. Place a flour tortilla on a plate, then add the egg on top of the cooked meat add a little shredded lettuce, salsa, and hot sauce and you are ready to eat your taco!
Now when ever I have leftover taco meat my husband asks if I’m making breakfast tacos. Heck these are also perfect “breakfast for dinner” recipe as well. They are hearty and filling and full of all things delicious!
Open-Faced Mexican Breakfast Tacos
- 4 flour tortillas taco size
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1/2 cup Ground Beef and Chorizo Mix
- 4 tbsp salsa
- Shredded lettuce and Mexican crumbling cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Black pepper
- Heat a frying pan and melt the unsalted butter. While pan is heating re-heat ground beef mixture and set to the side. Heat flour tortillas and set to the side.
- Cook each egg individually until over easy or medium.
- Place flour tortilla on plate, add ground beef, place egg on top, and top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and crumbled cheese. Sprinkle hot sauce on top and black pepper on top of egg. Repeat until all tacos are made. Enjoy immediately.