Entertain with ease with my easy no fuss recipe for slow cooker buffalo chicken wings. You will never make wings any other way again!
My husband loves wings. Nothing makes his foodie heart pitter-patter then a big plate of chicken wings. Every year I try to come up with 1-2 new recipes to fulfill his food dreams (and stomach). In an effort to simplify my life a little I decided to try and cook wings in the slow cooker, and I kept it super simple.
When I say I kept it simple it’s just good old chicken wings and a bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce. Nothing too fancy here! You just toss the two together and cook on high for two and a half hours. I kept it simple and let me tell you that they tasted fine and with very little fuss! I did use a little dried parsley as a garnish to brighten them up a little, but most people could careless about it. I garnish everything so my husband doesn’t expect anything less from me.
To give the wings the crispy fried/baked feel after the wings were done cooking in the slow cooker I turned on the broiler to my oven. I carefully removed the wings from the slow cooker using tongs (one by one) and then I placed them on to a baking sheet with a rim. I broiled them for 5 minutes. The first 3 minutes I had them on my middle rack and then the last 2 minutes I moved them to the top rack. They gave the wings just the amount of crispiness without being burnt. You don’t have to do this step; however, if you want your wings to have that crispy taste to it then I highly suggest you don’t skimp on the broiling step!
So the verdict… My husband loved these wings–the meat fell right off the bone and because of that he probably ate more than he normally would! We wrapped up any leftovers and then just reheated them in the oven the next day. But if your entertaining or going to a pot luck and want to bring wings, I highly suggest you try my recipe for slow cooker buffalo chicken wings.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Cooking Spray
- 5 lbs. fresh chicken wings
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- Parsley for garnish
- Ranch Bleu Cheese, and Celery to serve with
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Place wings inside the slow cooker and pour 11 of the 12 ounce bottle over the chicken wings. Toss until all the wings are coated.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Remove the wings from the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet with a lip (reserve excess sauce in the slow cooker). Broil on high for 5 minutes (3 minutes on middle rack and 2 minutes on top rack) or until wings are crispy and golden (but not burnt). Drizzle the remaining 1 ounce of buffalo sauce on to the broiled wings. Garnish wings with a little parlsey and serve with ranch dressing, bleu cheese dressing, and celery.