Sausage, Potato and Cabbage Stew
I found this recipe the other week as a feature in one of Rachael Ray‘s e-mail and was curious on this combination! I altered the recipe a bit, and it came out great!
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package of kielbasa, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 boxes of chicken stock
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bag of store-bought coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- dollop of sour cream for each bowl
- In a large pot, cook the kielbasa and onion over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard and vinegar, then add the chicken broth, potatoes and coleslaw mix; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Serving Suggestions: Bread, Salad