White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse

The day of my Tapeña® Wine and Tapas House Party™ I still hadn’t decided on a dessert to serve. I had racked my brain for weeks and the day had finally arrived. I started looking through my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer and that’s when I saw the mini fillo cups sitting in my freezer! I ran to the computer to search for a recipe. At first, I thought I might make some sort of cream filling with fruit on top all packed into a mini fillo cup, and that’s when I stumbled across this white chocolate mousse recipe! I had never made mousse before and it didn’t entail too much work on my behalf.

Until, the day I made the white chocolate mousse I had never carried unflavored gelatin in my pantry. I went to the store to buy unflavored gelatin and raspberries, and I went back to the house to start this decadent little dessert! That evening, everyone, loved not only how they looked, but how tasty these little fillo cups were. Julius and I took some photo’s of this dessert; however, I was not content with the original picture (see original Tapeña® Wine and Tapas House Party™ post). The photos did not do this dessert justice. The following day, I went back to the store, bought the remaining ingredients that I would need, remade the dessert, and began photographing. By far, I feel that this is my best food photographs to date! The photo looks good enough to eat, and that’s how I know I’ve done my job as a food photographer! I am happy to announce that in the coming month’s you will start to see a HUGE difference in my food photos! This my friends, is the first of many great photographs!

Adapted from: Athens Foods

White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse

Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes

Yield: 15 individual cups

• 1 tbsp cold water
  • 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 3 oz. white chocolate
  • 1/4 cup pureed raspberries
  • 15 Mini Fillo shells (1 box)
  • 1/4 cup halved raspberries, for garnish

1. In a small pan, combine water and gelatin. Let the gelatin stand for 1 minute to soften.
  2. Add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Add white chocolate. Stir until melted. Chill until cool, but not set, about 10 minutes.
  3. In a small chilled bowl, whip remaining heavy cream to full volume. Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate. Drizzel pureed raspberries onto cooled chocolate. Using a toothpick run it through the white chocolate to create raspberry swirls. Chill for 1 hour.
  4. Place the chilled mousse into a baggie, carefully cut a small tip off the baggie and pipe 2 teaspoons of filling into each Fillo Shell. Garnish with raspberry. Serve immediately.

Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74

20 Responses to “White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse”

1. Heather Lynne posted on May 18, 2011 at 10:26 am (#)

These are so cute and look so light and fluffy! Perfect for a get together

2. Liz posted on May 18, 2011 at 9:27 pm (#)

these look so pretty. Perfect for a light summer dessert. Thank you for sharing.

3. Ott, A. posted on May 19, 2011 at 1:25 am (#)

ummm.. what a tasty summer treat. Just stopping by from Made from Scratch Tuesday and I wanted to invite you to my Iron Chef Challenge the themed ingredient this month is ham. Link up a recipe and you'll have a chance to win a prize. Hope you can join in the fun!!!

4. Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts posted on May 19, 2011 at 1:54 pm (#)

Ok, I gotcha– I saw where you posted these on my sidebar. I fixed the linky party and added yours to that, but I also left these in the sidebar collection too, because I totally want to make these!! Thanks for contributing!

5. Amy@happylittleparty.blogspot.com posted on May 19, 2011 at 3:09 pm (#)

Oh my! These look SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to make some
    xoxo
    amy

6. sana posted on May 19, 2011 at 9:32 pm (#)

Lovely!! that such a good idea'

7. Lisa posted on May 21, 2011 at 10:03 pm (#)

That is such a delicious and elegant looking dessert!

8. Ryan posted on May 23, 2011 at 1:39 am (#)

This is a beautiful dessert and perfect for a spring shower or tea! I love mini tarts and like that this one uses raspberries! So pretty!

9. Amanda- Eating in Winnipeg posted on May 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm (#)

This look wonderful! Thanks for linking up to savory sunday!

If you are interested in doing a guest post some time I would LOVE to have you!! Let me know 🙂

10. Kim McCallie posted on May 23, 2011 at 11:01 pm (#)

These are absolutely gorgeous! I would love to try one right now. Please stop by my dessert linky party and share your recipe at A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday!

11. Katie @ This Chick Cooks posted on May 25, 2011 at 6:53 pm (#)

I don't know what your first photos looked like but these photos are amazing. And I doubt you were sad to have more of these little desserts to eat. I have never made mousse but your gorgeous photos are making me want to give it a shot. I'd love for you to stop by and show off your Rasberry desserts at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day 🙂
    Katie

12. Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts posted on May 25, 2011 at 10:40 pm (#)

I'm featuring these tomorrow at Something Swanky! Feel free to grab a "featured" button! And Don't forget to swing by the party!
    Ashton

13. {nifty thrifty things} posted on May 26, 2011 at 7:38 am (#)

Hmm.. These look SO delicious and your photos are amazing!!
    I'm your newest follower! I would love it if you visited @ {nifty thrifty things} and maybe shared some of your delicious recipes at the linky party on Sunday! 🙂
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa
    PS: I just read your "about me" section.. I tried the exact same thing with the potatoes at about the same age! 😉 You learn..

14. Julie posted on May 26, 2011 at 2:16 pm (#)

Wow! Congrats on food buzz and I can't wait to make these. Your picture looks amazing!! 🙂

The Farm Girl

15. Cooking Creation posted on May 26, 2011 at 3:22 pm (#)

Hello! I found you through Something Swanky and LOVE this recipe post! I'm your newest follower!

16. Bites of Sweetness posted on May 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm (#)

Hi Katie, thanks for the comment! These look so adorable and delicious, I love raspberries! And your photos are truly beautiful! Can't wait to see more.
    Lisa

17. Trish - Sweetology101 posted on May 26, 2011 at 6:17 pm (#)

ok…seriously these are the bees stinkin knees…I LOVE anything put into those little cups! I am a tea party food NUT so I will be adding these to my tea party recipe links on my blog. Way to go.

18. Megan @ Cut the Craft! posted on July 15, 2011 at 2:23 pm (#)

This sound amazing! And so pretty too!

Megan

19. Ellen Zames posted on August 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm (#)

Wow these are gorgeous!! What a great photo and I'm sure they are delicious too.

This is a perfect recipe for this week's Sharing Sundays because our theme is RED!!! We would love if you would drop by and link up this recipe and any other recipes that have RED ingredients such as, Strawberries, Marinara Sauce, Red Peppers, Tomatoes etc.

Ellen