White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn

White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn

I love popcorn. I enjoy a 100 calorie bag of popcorn at least three times a week during the work week. Every so often my husband and I indulge on a bag of popcorn. I’ve never been one to pop my own popcorn on the stovetop or in an air pop machine. Although, I do have vague memories of both the air pop machine and a tinfoil stove top package of popcorn from my childhood. That has just never been my thing. I’m all for quick and easy when it comes to popcorn and I’ve perfected the perfect pop ensuring that no kernel is burnt (an important skill set to learn).

White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn

I typically like to stick with traditional popcorn. Although recently, I had a hankering for sweet pumpkin flavored popcorn. I whipped up this satisfyingly sweet treat in less than 10 minutes! You do not have to be a skilled home cook to make this popcorn. I know I’ll definitely be making a batch on Halloween night and giving it to my immediate neighbors as a sweet treat they can snack on as they take their children trick or treating.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn

Source: Katie Original Recipe

White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn

• 6 cups butter popcorn
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted

1. Place 6 cups popped popcorn in a large bowl. Add half the pumpkin pie spice, then mix popcorn, and add the remaining pumpkin pie spice.
  2. Melt white chocolate chips in microwave then pour over popcorn: tossing occasionally. Store in container for up to 2 days.

Notes

15 Responses to “White Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn”

1. Ashley Bee posted on October 22, 2012 at 10:08 am (#)

How fun! I wish I’d had this for my costume party :)

• Katie replied on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:08 pm

It’s still not too late to make it! It takes only a few minutes!

2. Christine (Cook the Story) posted on October 22, 2012 at 10:59 am (#)

Wow! Easy and brilliant. I am definitely trying this. Maybe even for the debate tonight ;)

• Katie replied on October 22nd, 2012 at 2:07 pm

LOL Christine– you crack me up. I think this is perfect debate food!

3. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on October 22, 2012 at 1:15 pm (#)

Love this! Popcorn is a go-to snack at our house!

4. Wanda posted on October 22, 2012 at 2:14 pm (#)

While growing up we did the whole stove top popcorn then added some melted butter. It was our thing to do, specially on Eastern Sunday. Now, this fun version is one I’m going to try. We love popcorn on our family movie nights. Love it, Katie!!!!

• Katie replied on October 24th, 2012 at 6:52 am

Awe that’s very cool. I hope your family loves this popcorn as much as I do!

5. addie | culicurious posted on October 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm (#)

So simple yet so tasty looking! :) thanks for sharing!

6. samantha posted on October 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm (#)

yes. please. now.

7. Robin @ Simply Southern Baking posted on October 23, 2012 at 12:37 pm (#)

Mmmm…white chocolate and popcorn…two of my favorites! Great idea to add the pumpkin pie spice!

8. Rachael {SimplyFreshCooking} posted on October 23, 2012 at 1:13 pm (#)

Nice combination of flavors here! Did you just think that up? I’m so in awe of all of these blogs I follow and all the interesting recipes I come across! Can’t wait to try this! I just bought pumpkin pie spice recently! :)

• Katie replied on October 24th, 2012 at 6:53 am

Thanks Rachael. Yes, I had an “ah-ha” moment and went to work! I normally don’t “jazz” up popcorn!

9. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 am (#)

Yum-o! It’s Halloween deliciousness in a bowl!

1. Pingback: Healthy Lunch Ideas for Kids

2. Pingback: Ultimate Popcorn Recipes Round Up - 100 of the BEST Popcorn Recipes! - Yellow Bliss Road