Today, I’m sharing a super easy recipes. As in 2 ingredient recipe for Apple Butter Pork Chops! Well, technically if you count the sliced green onions as garnish as an ingredient we are up to 3 ingredients. This all stemmed from the other week when I made homemade apple butter. I was thinking of different ways to use up my new “butter” when it occurred to me that it would probably taste stellar on pork chops. Better than any apple sauce you could put on them. So I took a half cup of apple butter and marinated 3 pork chops for 2 days.
On a side note, I am known to stretch out meat as far as possible. Instead of cooking an entire pack of meat, I typically cut it in half and it still yields enough for dinner and sometimes even lunch! If its just two of you–give it a try! You’ll be surprised how far your money can be stretched without making your stomach feel it.
As I suspected, the results were stellar. The pork chops were tender and juicy and full of sweet apple butter flavor. They aren’t the prettiest pork chops around, but they are darn tasty! As I moved into my second trimester I was able to start stomaching meat a little more, and pork has been one thing we have been eating a lot of lately. Of course it helps if its smothered in apple butter! If you don’t have the time to make your own apple butter, don’t fear. Their are great brands available at your local grocery store. Don’t feel bad if you can’t make the homemade variety. If your looking for a quick and easy meal try my Apple Butter Pork Chops. They are sure to not disappoint come dinner time!
Katie Original Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 3 bone-in thin-cut pork chops
- ½ cup apple butter + more for serving
- green onions for garnish
- In a zip-top bag, marinate pork chops in ½ cup of apple butter for 1 day in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove pork chops from refrigerator and place on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve immediately, and garnish with sliced green onion and additional apple butter if desired.
- Apple Butter - If you don't have homemade on hand you can use store bought apple butter instead.
- Protein - You can make this with chicken or even a turkey tenderloin instead of pork.