Whip up this easy appetizer recipe for Baked Cheesy Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms for your guest this holiday season!
Let’s talk mushrooms for a minute. People either love them or hate them–at least that’s what I find. My husband loves them in all forms… sautéed, in soups and stews, and especially stuffed mushrooms. His mom, my mother-in-law, has been making stuffed mushrooms for years now. They are a side dish you can always find on the holiday table. Her boys swoon over them and request them year after year. A few years back, when I first started hosting Thanksgiving at our home with my family I made a big batch of stuffing stuffed mushrooms as an appetizer along with a cheese board. Everyone loved them. I even made a separate batch of gluten free stuffing stuffed mushrooms for my cousin who has a gluten allergy and she loved them. They have now become a family tradition with my family too.
That’s when it dawned on me that I’ve never shared my recipe for baked cheesy stuffing stuffed mushrooms. The best part of this recipe is that you can use whatever prepared stuffing you have on hand–so whatever stuffing your family enjoys works with this recipe. My husband prefers the smaller whole white mushrooms over the larger white mushrooms. He likes more stuffing and less mushroom.
If your looking for an easy appetizer that only takes a few minutes to put together then this recipe for Baked Cheesy Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms is the recipe for you to try this holiday season!
Baked Cheesy Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 large white whole mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked stuffing
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese divided
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- While oven preheats, remove the stems of the mushrooms and wipe with a wet cloth to remove excess dirt. Place the mushrooms on the baking sheet.
- Begin stuffing each mushroom with cooked stuffing mix. Divide the stuffing mix evenly.
- Cut two tablespoons of butter and then cut into fours, so that you have 8 cubed pieces of butter. Place a single piece of butter on top of each stuffed mushroom.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then remove from the oven and divide the shredded monterey jack cheese between the 8 mushrooms. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.