Treat your family and friends to Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats. Perfect for any occasion and you can make them in 15 minutes or less!
I haven’t posted a rice krispie treats recipe in quite some time. These rice cereal treats are something that I love to make and crave to eat often. One of my good friends from my “mommy group” had a birthday recently. Since we were meeting for our Letter of the Week group on her actual Birthday I knew I wanted to treat her and the kiddos to something sweet. But I also didn’t want our kids hyped up on lots of sweets. I started brainstorming a bunch of ideas and that’s when I decided to make these Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats.
I always have butter, Rice Krispie cereal, and mini marshmallows on hand. And on occasion I have boxed cake mix on hand– so when I was looking for a quick dessert to make I knew I wanted to experiment with making a cake batter version of the rice krispie treats! Of course, I thought I had a large container of sprinkles, but after pulling apart my pantry I didn’t find said large container of sprinkles. But I did; however, have two smaller containers of sprinkles–you know the round sprinkle shakers with the wide variety of sprinkles in them? So I literally just started shaking a little bit of each type of sprinkle giving me the ultimate birthday party like treats!
I like to use an 8×8 pan where others like the 9 x 11 pan. I like to have a thick cut rice krispie treat not a thin one. If you use the 8×8 pan you’ll get 9 large treats or 18 mini treats. Whatever your heart desires. I like to use the OXO Bake, Serve, Store glassware because it comes with a lid. Keeping your food fresher longer! So if you have a special occasion that you need to make a dessert for or maybe your just craving a sweet treat–make my Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats!
Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10 oz. bag of mini-marshmallows
- ½ cup yellow cake mix the dry cake mix, not prepared into a batter!
- 5 cups rice krispy cereal
- ½ cup colored sprinkles
- Melt butter on medium heat. Once butter i smelted add in the dry cake batter mix and the mini marshmallows. Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Pour in the rice krispy cereal, mix half way then pour in half the sprinkles. Mix quickly so that the sprinkles don’t bleed. Pour into an 8×8 glass pan sprinkle with remaining sprinkles. Take a piece of parchment paper and press down until even and flat. Set to the side for 30 minutes, then cut into squares and enjoy.