In recent years I’ve become a lover of all things curry. It has taken my husband a while to warm up to this fragrant spice. I’ve been cooking up quite a few new vegetarian dishes to add to my recipe book, and this is one that will be a keeper! Loaded with protein and veggies–it’s full of flavor and sure to warm the soul on a cold winters night.
Adapted from: Everyday Food, Janu/Feb 2012
- 1 cup basmati rice, cooked
- 2 teaspoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 4 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cans Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cauliflower, roasted
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 4 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cauliflower and tomatoes in one tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. On a baking sheet roast cauliflower and cherry tomatoes until golden brown for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat and add onion; stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, and curry powder; stirring until fragrant about 1 minute. Add chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and 2 cups water; bring to a boil over high. REduce heat to medium, cover, and gently simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is warmed through and chickpeas are tender about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately on a bed of basmati rice and sprinkle with additional cilantro if desired.