Use leftover chicken fajitas to make these easy quesadillas. Perfect for lunch or even dinner and a great way to use up leftovers!
We love chicken fajitas in my home. The other week I shared with you my grilled chicken fajitas recipe. Today, I’m going to share how to transform the leftover chicken fajitas and re-invent them into a whole new meal! Whenever I have leftover meat and vegetables I tend to throw them into a quesadilla. You can cook them one of three ways; bake them, grill them, or fry them in a sauté pan. That’s how I choose to cook these leftover chicken fajita quesadillas. I will preface that I like to bake them the best… less messy and time spent stressing and worrying about flipping the quesadilla over and the contents of the quesadilla falls out. Maybe you don’t stress about stuff like that, but I do!
The next time you make chicken fajitas… make a little extra to ensure you have leftovers. Then forget about said leftovers for a day or two and then whip up a batch of my easy chicken fajita quesadillas for lunch or dinner.
Easy Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups leftover chicken and vegetables fajitas
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- Sour cream and salsa for serving
- Reheat the leftover chicken and vegetable fajita filling until luke warm. Once the fajita filling is semi-cooked place 4 flour tortillas on the countertop. Divide the leftover chicken fajita filling among the four flour tortillas, then divide the cheese (½ cup on each tortilla), spreading both filling and cheese evenly.
- Heat up a large sauté pan on medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place one of the filled tortillas in the pan. Then add another flour tortilla on top. Cook for 3 minutes until the bottom is golden brown but not burnt. Using two spatulas, carefully flip over (trying not to spill out the contents of the quesadilla). Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Remove from sauté pan, cut and serve. Repeat until all the quesadillas have been cooked. Serve with sour cream and salsa.