In the past year or so I’ve started to make more and more of my own homemade salad dressings. I just love knowing what is inside of the dressing. It definitely isn’t as convenient as having a store-bought dressing resting in the refrigerator waiting for you to pour it on a salad. But in my opinion it can be a whole lot more tastier and doesn’t break the bank or cause you for an influx of refrigerated dressings!
What is nice is that you make the salad dressing for dinner that night and maybe if your lucky you’ll have a serving of dressing left to use for lunch the next day. Then the following day you make a new dressing! The options are endless. I was making a Greek themed meal for dinner the evening I created this dressing. I just started throwing together ingredients as I always do and I came up with a delicious Greek Vinaigrette Salad Dressing.
I layered crunchy lettuce on individual plates followed by rows of roasted red peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives, and a few pepperoncinis for good measure. Then I sprinkled crumbled feta over the salad. Topping this salad with the most divine Greek Vinaigrette Dressing on the plante. Ok… maybe I’m biased, but I think this is the most amazing Greek Vinaigrette Dressing! Whether you want to enjoy a traditional Greek salad with homemade vinaigrette or just want your go-to salad with a new dressing. I’m sure you’ll love this recipe.
Katie Original Recipe
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1 clove Garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon Fresh dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon All-purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a medium-size bowl mix all the ingredients together. Whisking until well incorporated. Pour into a salad dressing bottle.
- Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make the dressing ahead of time to give it ample time for chilling.
- This recipe makes about a half cup of dressing.