This post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN®. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. Football season is officially here. And what better way to kick off football season then to share a grilling recipe for my grilled buffalo chicken burgers. If you love buffalo chicken you’ll love these burgers. They are easy to make and come together quickly. You can make the meat mix a head of time, refrigerate and then take them to a tailgating party or cook them at home once your game comes on. What makes these grilled buffalo chicken burgers complete are the King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. The one thing I’ve learned when cooking with ground chicken (or turkey for that matter) is that you must season it extremely well. That’s what makes for a flavorful burger. I like to add all the seasonings at the bottom of the bowl. Then I add in the buffalo sauce and bread crumbs. Then, I mix it together with a thick wooden spoon and then divide the meat mixture in 4. If your tailgating then it’s time to grill the buffalo chicken burgers. You can also make the chicken burger mix before you leave to tailgate–just make sure you keep the meat mixture on ice. If your at home you can grill or pan fry. Either way works fine! I also added the buffalo sauce plus the bleu cheese crumbles during the last few minutes of cooking. And don’t forget to toast the King’s Hawaiian Hamburger Buns. I placed the butter leaf lettuce on the bottom of the bun, then a thick slice of tomato, followed by the buffalo chicken burger that was already topped with buffalo sauce and bleu cheese crumbles. I then poured some bleu cheese dressing on top of the crumbles and then topped the burger with the top bun. After just one bite, my husband was in heaven. These buffalo chicken burgers are pretty spicy, but the sweet King’s Hawaiian bun helps mellow it out plus the creamy bleu cheese dressing. And if you don’t like bleu cheese dressing you can do ranch or a creamy cucumber dill.
For more recipes check out King’s Hawaiian recipes here!
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 4 King's Hawaiin Hamburger Buns
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles divided
- 1/4 cup Bleu Cheese Dressing divided
- 4 pieces of butter lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 seasonings, then add in the ground chicken. Pour the buffalo sauce on top followed by the bread crumbs.
- Begin to mix using a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are incorporated. Divide into 4 patties and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Reduce the heat to low, spray with cooking spray on the grill grates. Grill the chicken burgers for 8 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place the bleu cheese crumbles on top of the burgers and let the cheese begin to melt. You'll also want to place the King's Hawaiian Burger Buns on the top rack of the grill to begin toasting.
- Remove the buns from the grill, place the burgers on each bun bottom. Top each burger with additional buffalo sauce if desired followed by bleu cheese dressing, a slice of lettuce and tomato. Enjoy immediately.