|Loaded Potato Skins||
- 4 red skin potatoes (medium-size)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 8 tsp bacon bits
- 4 green onions, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Sour Cream for dipping
- Scrub potatoes clean, pierce with a fork and ramp each individual potato in a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 5-8 minutes until tender but not soft. *Preheat oven at this time to 400.
- Slice each potato in half. Using a spoon, carefully scrape the potato filling out of each skin. I like to keep about a half inch of potato in each skin.
- Place your oven on broil mode. Then place each potato skin facing up on a baking sheet and broil on low for 5 minutes. Flip (potato side up), and broil on high for 1-2 minutes (do not allow them to burn and watch them very closely).
- Remove potato skins from oven and top each skin with one tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon bacon bits, and sprinkle with green onions.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes, until skins are browned and cheese has melted. Serve immediately, sprinkle salt and pepper on skins and top with sour cream.