Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- 1 Stock Pot
- 1 Ice Cream Machine
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Mint Leaves
- ½ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- ¼ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a large stock pot, combine the whole milk, heavy cream, mint leaves, and sugar. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until the minute is limp looking and the sugar has dissolved. *Be careful to not let the milk mixture boil. If it begins to boil, reduce to low.
- Pour the milk mixture into a container and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Once the milk mixture is completely cooled pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn for 16 minutes or as directed on your ice cream machine. During the last minute mix in the mini chocolate chips! Freeze for at least 1 hour and enjoy!
- Storage - Store in a freezer container for up to one week.
- Recipe Yields - Recipe yields about 3.5-4 cups of ice cream.
- Mint - If you don't have fresh mint leaves you can use 1 teaspoon of mint extract. A little goes a long way.