Create this Homemade Blackening Seasoning Recipe in a matter of minutes by utilizing the spices you have on hand in your pantry!
Homemade Blackening Seasoning Recipe
- Glass Jars
- 2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and salt in a jar until evenly mixed. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
- Yield - This seasoning recipe yields ⅓ cup of seasoning. The nutritional calculations are based on a 1 teaspoon serving.
- Larger Batch - Want to make a larger batch of blackening seasoning? You can double or even quadruple the recipe.
- Storage - I like to store my seasoning in a mason jar in my cabinet.
- Shelf Life - This seasoning mix if stored properly should be good or 3-6 months (although it never last that long in my home).