First off, I never intended to neglect the blog last week. A teething baby plus a clogged milk duct and I was down for the count. But this week I’m back with some spectacular recipes that will sure to brighten and cool you off on some of the hottest days of summer.
Let’s talk about these Mini Snickers Ice Cream Cakes. To be honest, just by looking at the photos I feel like I’ve gained 5 pounds.
Growing up I only thought that ice cream cakes came from the store. I had no idea how easy it is to make your own until just a few years ago when I made the Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice Cream Cake. I made my dad these Mini Snickers Ice Cream Cakes for his birthday a few weeks ago. I quickly put it together during the day and placed it in the freezer and it was ready that evening for our after dinner dessert. Since most of us are watching our weight we each took a tiny slice from one of the three mini ice cream cakes I made. Although I could have easily consumed one whole mini cake on my own. Or better yet split a mini cake with my better half!
If you want to make an ice cream cake–they are super easy and all you need is mini spring form pans (or one large spring form pan). Typically, you’ll use spring form pans for cheesecake but they also work well for ice cream cakes. I bought a pint of dulce de leche ice cream, puree’d oreos for the crust, chopped up a bag of mini bite-size snickers bars and then layered it all. Topped it with some cool whip topping and popped it back into the freezer for a few hours. Just before I was about to serve the mini cakes I removed them from the spring form pan, Topped it with more chopped Snickers and some honey roasted peanuts and then drizzled on caramel sauce.
Katie Original Recipe
Mini Snickers Ice Cream Cakes
- 3 oz Oreo crushed
- 14 oz. Dulce De Leche Ice Cream softened
- 5 oz Snickers Bites divided
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/4 cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Caramel Sauce
- In three mini spring form pans, divide the crushed Oreos evenly (use a cup to smash down the oreo crumbs into the pan). Divide the softened Dulce De Leche Ice Cream Cakes between the three pans. Then chop one bag of Snickers bites, divide among the three pans. Divide whipped topping between the three pans. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, chop the remaining bag of Snickers Bites. Top each cake with caramel sauce, divide the honey roasted peanuts and chopped Snickers bites on top of each of the cakes and serve immediately.