Simplify your weeknight dinner and make my easy recipe Sheet Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Dinner filled with fresh and flavorful ingredients.
Life is extra hectic these days. Two little kids, swim lessons, boot camp (for me), social calendar, running my own business, and the list goes on and on. I’m continuing to simplify dinner time. This is where I love to make sheet pan meals for dinner. This easy recipe for Sheet Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Dinner is done in under an hour. Bonus, you have very little to clean up.
Here are all the ingredients you will need for this baked cilantro lime chicken breast dinner.
- Chili Powder
- Fresh Cilantro
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Breast
- Baby Potatoes
This quick and easy dinner consist of a marinade that you make from scratch in your food processor or blender. I find that I like all the ingredients pureed for this marinade. Then, I let the chicken marinade in it. I also like to make the marinade the night before and let the chicken sit the cilantro lime marinade. T
hen, when it’s time to make dinner, I simply preheat the oven, quarter the potatoes and lop off the ends of the asparagus. Then I place the chicken on the baking sheet with tongs. You want to make sure you keep all the marinade in the bag.
Then place the quartered potatoes in the bag. Zip it up and toss it until all the potatoes are coated. Then pour it on a baking sheet and place the asparagus on top. Bake it for over a half hour. While it bakes you can prep a salad or sit back and enjoy a glass of wine or fold laundry… you get the point… you have some time to do other stuff.
Once the sheet pan meal is cooked (make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit) divide it up between plates and place a lime wedge on each plate.
My family likes a little fresh squeezed lime over the meal.
My toddler likes to dip the chicken and potatoes in ranch dressing. But in my defense he dips EVERYTHING in some sort of sauce which most of the time is ranch.
You can add one of my favorite salad recipes to this meal or even an ooey gooey dessert!
Sheet Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Dinner
- Baking Sheet
- 5 Limes Divided
- 1 Grated Zest of a Lime
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ cup Cilantro
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3 lbs. Baby Potatoes quartered
- 1 lb. Asparagus trimmed
- Using a blender or food processor, place the juice four limes, lime zest, garlic cloves, salt, chili powder, fresh cilantro and half the olive oil. Begin to puree and slowly add in the remaining olive oil. Puree until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Pour the marinade in a bowl and place the chicken breast in the bowl; coating each side. Let it sit in the bowl while you prep the rest of the meal.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, quarter the baby potatoes, and set to the side. Place the chicken breast on a non-stick baking sheet. Do not discard the marinade. Add the quartered baby potatoes to the marinade bowl. Toss to coat potatoes then pour on the baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinade on top of the potatoes. Arrange so that the potatoes are sitting flat on the baking sheet.
- Cut the ends of the asparagus off and place on top of the potatoes. Rub the asparagus on top of the potatoes so that they have some of the olive oil coated on them. Make sure the tips have oil on them. Sprinkle with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes (uncovered) or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the potatoes are cooked
Originally published May 15, 2017 // Recipe created for Circulon // Updated with recipe card and text on April 21, 2020
The skillet chicken and dumplings look amazing! My kids would love the Crunchy French Toast with Sautéed Bananas so I would have to make that first.
Wow, holy yum! That looks and sounds so delicious. I would definitely want to try the Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Glazed Peaches first!
I would make a nice Chicken Parmesan for 2.
Hi I love Circulon products and Katie’s Cucina recipes!! I cannot wait to try the SHEET PAN CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN DINNER this Friday night, we are having some friends over. Thanks for the great new recipe!
I can’t wait to try this cilantro lime chicken recipe! It’s perfect for my family, with no ingredients that I’m allergic to.
Crunch French Toast with Sauteed Bananas. That may be brunch on Fathers Day.
I want to try the Turkey and Sweet Potato Pot Pie with Flaky Biscuit Topping.
Love a one pan meal! This looks perfect for a busy mama!
I think my kids would enjoy the easy skillet lasagna.
I would like to try the Tomato Bacon capellini!
The Chocolate Orange Almond Torte looks amazing. I’d love to try that.
I want to try and make the Chicken Caprese Skillet! Looks so yummy!
mashed potatoes cauliflower crumb crust looks amazing. Thank you for giving us a chance to win some great pans
I’d want to try the Sweet Potato Fries Nacho Mash-Up!
Grilled Chicken Breasts with Peach-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
I’d try a vegan version of the Crunchy French Toast with Sautéed Bananas recipe.
The chicken in a pot looks so good. I have always wanted to cook a chicken this way but I was afraid that the skin wouldn’t be crispy but from the look of that chicken I would have nothing to worry about. The egg frittata with roasted broccoli and aged white cheddar would be a nice brunch idea.
Skillet chicken and dumplings, yum!
Cilantro line sheet pan dinner sounds awesome!
The Southern Squash Casserole sounds delicious!!