Katie Original (republished from July 13, 2010)
Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 package of Dreamfields Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- ½ cup of white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon chicken/fish/vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (make sure you salt your water). Once the water comes to a boil put in the spaghetti. Cook until al dente (according to package).
- In a skillet, on medium heat add butter and olive oil cook until butter is melted (about 1 minute). Then add the lemon pepper seasoning, thinly sliced garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cover and let this marry for a few minutes (5 minutes) (make sure that the butter and garlic do not burn)!
- Add white wine to the pan and stir. Let the wine cook out of the dish (about 5 minutes) then add shrimp. Cover and cook on medium for 2-3 minutes.
- While shrimp is cooking mix together teaspoon chicken stock with 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Set to the side.
- Stir the shrimp, and then push them against the pan to create a hole. Turn the heat off on the stove burner. Whisk in cornstarch liquid mixture making sure that it doesn't get lumpy. Sprinkle half of the fresh parsley in the pan. Mix everything well. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Plate spaghetti and then generously dish out shrimp and sauce over pasta. Serve with a wedge of lemon and enjoy!