Spicy Beef Sliders + Giveaway #recipesfromtheheartPosted by Katie on Jun 16, 2013 in Beef, Burgers, Grilling | 25 comments
Today’s event is being hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. They teamed up with their blogger friends to help raise awareness and support for Cancer and Hospice today in memory of Kim’s dad. We encourage everyone to read the posts and share their own experiences with cancer. We also would like to encourage everyone to donate to the Canadian Cancer Society, the American Cancer Society
In honor of todays event which also coincidentally falls on father’s day I decided to share what everyone dad loves best… Spicy Beef Sliders! The majority of the heat can be found not only in the beef patty but also in the spicy sauce that is made to go on the slider. This is a nice twist to the everyday slider.
These spicy beef sliders are also a spicy way to kick cancers butt! I’ve had a few family members whom I’ve lost to this horrible disease; my grandmother and my uncle to name a few. In this day in age, we should have a cure for cancer already–yet we still don’t! Today’s post is truly dedicated to all those we’ve lost to cancer.
Adapted from Rachael Ray, June 2013
- 1 lb. organic lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 mini rolls
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- For the sliders: In a large bowl, mix the beef, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt. Form 10 patties and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway in between.
- For the Sauce & Slaw: In a large food processor add the mayonnaise, cilantro leaves, jalapeno and lemon juice. Puree for 30 seconds until cilantro leaves and jalapeno are mere specs! Toss 3/4 of the sauce with the shredded cabbage and reserve the rest for dipping.
- Toast mini rolls, and top with a generous helping of shredded cabbage, followed by beef patty, and topped with more sauce if desired place the bun on top and enjoy!
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Home-made Strawberry Topping by Cravings of a Lunatic
Chili Verde by Juanita’s Cocina
S’Mores Brownies in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Dark Chocolate and Orange Muffins by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Boston Cream Pie by Pass The Sushi
My Fathers Day Recipe Round Up by Curry and Comfort
Tropical Smoothie by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Mini Gugelhupf by Masala Herb
Sauteed Strawberry and Sugarsnap Salad by Cook The Story
Cranberry Cashew Breakfast Muffins by In Fine Balance
Arugula Salad with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
Thai Red Curry Soup by Damn Delicious
Suman (Sweet Rice and Banana Leaves) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Fresh Vegetable Salad by White Lights on Wednesday
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sundae by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Cinnamon Chip Cookie Butter Bars by The Messy Baker
Berry/Cherry Fro-Yo Ice Cream by Cookistry
Honey Beer Bread by Hungry Couple
Cinnamon-Chocolate Chip Pancakes by The Spiffy Cookie
Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars by Sweet Remedy
Cookies and Cream Brownies by Cooking in Stilettos
Blueberry Lemon Cake by Roxana’s Home Baking
Angel Cake by Ninja Baking
Knit (or crocheted) Grey Brain Cancer Mustache Pin by Knit, Purl, Damn!