What kitchen tools do you need to make instant pot baked beans?
How do you make Instant Pot Baked Beans?
How do you freeze cooked beans?
What can you serve with baked beans?
- Barbecue Beef Brisket
- Baked Baby Back Ribs
- Grandma’s Potato Salad
- Mandarin Orange Coleslaw
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
If you love baked beans, but have never tried to make them on your own–I highly suggest you try this recipe for Instant Pot Baked Beans.
Instant Pot Baked Beans
- 32 Oz dried great northern beans
- 12 cups of water
- 4 slices of bacon diced
- 1 medium white onion diced
- ¾ cup apple juice
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- ¾ cups tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoon season salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Rinse and drain the dried great Northern beans. Place in the Instant Pot, with 12 cups of water. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure that the valve is set to “sealing”. Set the Instant Pot on for 25 minutes. Once the beans are done cooking let it naturally release pressure for at least 45 minutes and no longer then 2 hours (the longer you let the beans rest the softer they will become). Carefully remove the lid from the IP, rinse and drain the beans. Place the beans in a bowl on the side.
- Next, turn the Instant Pot to “sauté” mode. Add the bacon and onions to the Instant Pot and sauté for five minutes until the bacon is crispy and onions are golden in color.
- Then, deglaze the pot with the apple juice. Turn the Instant Pot off. Stir in the brown sugar, tomato sauce, liquid smoke, ground mustard, season salt, and smoked paprika. Mix well then carefully add the drained beans into the pot. Stir, the beans until all the sauce has coated them. Serve immediately, or keep on low until ready to serve.