The Best Creamed Spinach
Looking for a quick and decadent side dish? Try my recipe for The Best Creamed Spinach–made in just 15 minutes and gluten free!
I’m so so excited to share the best creamed spinach recipe ever. I’ve been making this recipe for years and make it for most holiday dinners. My family has been begging me for my creamed spinach recipe. I told them over Thanksgiving I would get it posted it, and each and every time I made it I kept forgetting to photograph it.
I’m going to be honest and tell you that the photos don’t do this side dish justice. It’s delicious and creamy and full of flavor. Even non-spinach lovers will love this recipe. And what makes this recipe even better is that it’s done from start to finish in just 15 minutes. I always make this fresh and right before dinner is ready to be served.
And don’t worry–this is good with other meals like grilled steak, pork tenderloin or even a roasted chicken. Creamed Spinach doesn’t have to be served just for holidays. I probably make it 2-3 times a month. My husband and I eat a lot of sauteed spinach throughout the week. Spinach is full of iron and a great source of vitamin K and vitamin A. Eating spinach in the creamed form is always a treat. I mean who can resist heavy cream and a little garlic?
If you are staying away from the gluten or maybe you have a family or friend who has a gluten allergy you can serve this side dish to them with confidence knowing that it’s gluten free! I use cornstarch to help thicken the cream verse using traditional all-purpose flour that is full of gluten. So if your looking for a new side dish or maybe you thought making creamed spinach was too hard then I definitely suggest you try my recipe for the very best creamed spinach! Your guest will be wowed and you’ll be happy it only took you 15 minutes to make!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic in water
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- In a large skillet with a lid, melt the butter on medium high heat. Add in the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and add the fresh spinach. Place the lid on the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- While the spinach wilts create a slurry with the heavy cream and cornstarch.
- Once the spinach has wilted add the cream mixture. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74