Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes #HalloweenTreatsWeek
Amp up your Halloween with the most delicious and yet frightfully looking Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes. All the guys and ghouls will die for them!
I just got back from my 7-day cruise yesterday and jumping into Halloween Treat’s Week feet first. I’ve parterned with a bunch of bloggers to bring a week full of Halloween filled recipes. To commemorate the start of October I’ll be sharing 5 new Halloween recipes this week. Halloween is my absolute FAVORITE holiday of the year. I mean… Christmas is definitely on the tails of Halloween but something about dressing up, decorating, being scared, and eating lots of treats has a very special place in my heart. When my friend Angie of Big Bear’s Wife asked me to participate I didn’t hesitate (despite being gone a week prior to this fun event).
When I started brainstorming recipes I immediately thought of my mom’s cheesecake cupcakes. I grew up with my mom making this cherry cheesecake cupcakes. I almost always requested them for the holidays and special occasion. The base cheesecake recipe comes from my recipe for Annie’s Cheesecake.
So today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes for Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes. I’ll walk you through the recipe today. They are much easier then you could imagine. To give these cheesecake cupcakes a touch of Halloween I used cherry pie filling for a little “gore” + fun little candy eyeballs that Wilton makes.
How do you make cheesecake cupcakes?
I use a KitchenAid Stand Mixer to whip together the cheesecake filling. I always use Dixie Crystals Sugar for all my baking. They are my go-to brand! I was recently introduced to Adam’s Extracts and I’m a new found fan! Two key ingredients in this cheesecake recipe. I’ll preheat the oven, then start the batter. The cream cheese has to be at room temperature–so make sure you plan accordingly. After I’ve made the cheesecake batter I then put together the graham cracker crust.
Using a medium cookie scoop I scoop about a tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs into each cupcake paper liner. Then I scoop cheesecake batter and fill each liner at least 3/4 full. In the oven they go for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven until set and no longer wiggly!
You will want to remove the cheesecakes from the muffin tray. Let them cool until room temperature then chill for at least 1-2 hours. That’s when I top them with cherry pie filling topping. Prior to serving to friends and family I’ll add on the candy eyeballs. If you leave them on over night the candies will start to bleed. They don’t look as crisp and fresh.
*Always store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Where do you find the eyeball candies?
These candy eyeballs are made by Wilton. I have found them at Walmart, Michael’s Craft Stores, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, and of course Amazon. They come in all shapes and sizes. Perfect for these cupcakes, White Chocolate Halloween Candy Bark, and Monster Apple Slices.
If your entertaining for Halloween or maybe need to make a delicious treat for your child’s school Halloween party. I know for a fact all the kids will love these Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes… at least my crazy Halloween-loving 4 year old loves them!
Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
For the Cheesecake:
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Extract Clear Vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 can Cherry Pie Filling
- 48 Wilton Candy Eyeballs
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stir together graham cracker, melted butter, sugar and salt in a bowl. Set to the side.
- Put a rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric stand mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Reduce speed to low and add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add one cup granulated sugar and the one teaspoon vanilla. Mix until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula as needed.
- Place cupcake liners in muffin pan. Using a medium cookie scoop--scoop graham cracker filling in each liner. Then using another scoop-- scoop cheesecake batter on top of the graham cracker until 3/4 full. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool on a wire rack until at room temperature. Then, transfer to the refrigerator. Before serving scoop 1 tablespoon of cherry pie filling on top and add 1,2, or even 3 eyeball candies! Repeat until all cheesecakes are decorated. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: if you leave the candy eyeballs on over night they will begin to bleed.
Katie Original Recipe
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Melting Ghost Hot Chocolate from Big Bear’s Wife
- Day of the Dead Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes from Pook’s Pantry
- Devilish Halloween Deviled Eggs from Pastry Chef Online
- Candy Corn Layer Cake from ReciPEAs
- Cauldron Cupcakes from Mrs. Happy Homemaker
- Black Magic Skull Cakes from Sugar Dish Me
- Frankenstein’s Monster Pudding Cups from I am a Honey Bee
- Halloween Sprinkle Cookie Cake from Love and Confections
- Chocolate Dipped Brownie Pops for Halloween from Southern From Scratch
- Creepy Crawly Dirt Cup Pudding Parfaits from 4 Sons R Us
- “Guts” Cinnamon Rolls from A Blender Mom
- Creepy Eyeball Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mummy Bites from Eat Move Make
- Monkey Brain Bread from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Cookie Pizza from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Boo Berry Pie from Kudos Kitchen
- Monster Donuts from The Baking Fairy
- Boogeyman Brew from Who Needs A Cape?
- Purple People Eater Thumbprints from The Spiffy Cookie
- Hocus Pocus Halloween Decorated Pretzels from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Black and Orange Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Skeleton Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Monster Mash Cake from Mildly Meandering
- Graveyard Skillet Brownies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Blood-Red Pomegranate Margarita from The Redhead Baker
- Halloween Snoballs from The Beard and The Baker
- Halloween Chocolate Cherry Hand Pies from House of Nash Eats
- Halloween Dunkaroo Dip from Savory Experiments
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes from Katie’s Cucina
- Eye Scream Sundae from For the Love of Food
Happy Halloween! We hope you’re ready for a spooktacular event as we celebrate Halloween with the first annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This haunting week-long event is filled with fantastic Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For our very first #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 30 talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 100 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Caramel Extract, Almond Extract, Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix and Adam’s Best Twice as strong Vanilla
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Halloween Cookie House Bat, Tombstone and Skull 3-Piece Cookie Cutter Set, Halloween Skull Tube Pan, Zombie Cupcake Liners, Skull Sugar Decorations
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away 1 (one) 1.5lb Sprinkle Mix Kit from their shop
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 1st – October 6th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Treat Street USA ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74