Are you ready for the most decadent bread you’ve ever tasted? I mean, how can you go wrong slathering a creamy cheesy artichoke spread on top of soft French bread? This recipe happened on a fluke, and I’m so happy I decided to photograph it before we devoured it. This recipe is all about using up leftovers, however, you can easily make a big batch of artichoke dip and use a full loaf of french bread. That is my plan the next time I go to make this bread.
I had a quarter cup of leftover artichoke dip and instead of eating it as an afternoon snack I decided to mix it with some mayonnaise, shredded cheese, and garlic. Within five minutes I had a cheesy artichoke concoction that was ready to get slathered onto the last of my soft french bread.
I served my cheesy artichoke bread as a side with spaghetti bolognese. But let’s be honest this cheesy artichoke bread was the star of our dinner. We were both fighting over the last slices. This bread is perfect to entertain with. Make the spread ahead of time and right before your about to serve dinner slather it on to the bread and bake for 8-10 minutes. This recipe is for a quarter half of a loaf of soft French bread (cut your loaf in half lengthwise, then cut it in half width wise. One quarter of the bread was used–got it?). So whether or not you have leftovers or simply want to indulge in the most decadent cheesy artichoke bread on the planet, give this recipe a try!
Katie Original Recipe
Garlic Cheese Bread
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Oven
- ½ cup Salted Butter softened
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves pressed
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley minced and divided
- 1 - 12 ounce Loaf French Bread
- ¼ Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together softened butter, mayonnaise, pressed garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and 2 teaspoons fresh parsley until well blended.½ cup Salted Butter, 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise, 4 garlic cloves, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning, 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Then, mix in the Parmesan cheese.¼ Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise and then cut in half again so the bread can fit on the baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick silicone mat.1 - 12 ounce Loaf French Bread
- Slather the bread with the butter mixture. Then top with mozzarella cheese.½ cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling. Top with remaining minced fresh parsley, cut into bite-size pieces and serve immediately.1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- Broil - You can turn the broiler on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute at the end for a nice golden cheese crust.
- Herbs - You can use a wide-variety of herbs for this garlic bread. Or remove them all together.
- Garlic Bread - You can omit the cheese all together to just have garlic bread.
- Mayonnaise - Mayonnaise might seem like an odd ingredient but it contains egg and oil which will add a layer of creaminess to the garlic bread. Don't skip this ingredient; however, you need to use mayonnaise and not Miracle Whip for this recipe.