Use up your leftover black eye peas and make this delicious Cheesy Black Eye Pea Dip. An easy appetizers made in just minutes!
Today, I have a cheesy bean dip for you. It utilizes leftover black eye peas and a few staples from the fridge. One thing I’ve grown to love over the years is black eye peas. My husband and I didn’t grow up eating them and I didn’t try them until I was in my 20’s. We only eat them 1-2 times a year if that. My recipe for slow cooker black eye peas yields a lot of beans! So what is one suppose to do with an abundance of leftovers? In the past I’ve frozen half the recipe, and made a tasty dip or salad with the rest of the leftovers.
How do you make Cheesy Black Eye Pea Dip
This cheesy black eye pea dip is super simple to make, and uses up some of the leftover cooked black eye peas you have. And best of all you just need to mix in a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
In a large bowl mix together whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and black eye peas. Then add in the cheese. Best of all you won’t need a fancy mixer–you can hand mix. Then once you have the dip mix together, place it in an oven-safe dish and bake for 25 minutes until hot and bubbly! Easy as that and makes for a great dip to entertain with. Oh and the leftovers taste just as good.
I typically only make this dip for my husband and I. So we eat what we can and then snack on it throughout the week once he gets home from work. This black eye pea dip makes for a perfect appetizer or game day treat!
Cheesy Black Eye Pea Dip
- 1-1/2 cups cooked black eye peas
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana Hot Sauce more if you like it really hot
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the black eye peas, whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, Louisiana hot sauce, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- In an oven safe dish, spray it with cooking spray. Spoon in the dip mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.