Individual Cherry Almond Crisps are a delicious seasonal summer recipe made with fresh pitted cherries topped with a buttery crisp topping. This delicious dessert recipe comes together in one hours time. Don’t forget the ice cream to serve on top of this flavorful dessert crisp!
A few weeks ago I received these gorgeous Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte. I immediately knew I wanted to make a cobbler, a crisp, individual pot pies, chocolate lava cakes, and well you get it… the list could go on and on. These are not only attractive but set the mood for any meal! They are safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler, and even better… the dishwasher! I also love that (like most Le Creuset items) these are nonstick thanks to the glazed interior so you can easily remove food from them making it super easy and quick to cleanup!
The other week, we had about 4 cups of cherries that were close to the end of their life span. My husband wouldn’t eat them since they had gotten a little too ripe for his liking. I promised him I would make a cherry crisp with them since I absolutely hate to waste any food! I had also told my neighbor about my aspirations to make a crisp with the cherries–she was on board!
That same evening I invited my neighbor over for dinner and made these cherry almond crisps for dessert. Let’s just say that these are like heaven in a little crock. My neighbor declared that out of all the amazing desserts I’ve made her she felt that these by far were the best thing she had ever consumed from our home. That’s a pretty big compliment in my opinion. I too, loved these crisps.
So much that I indulged the following day in the fourth crisp. It was just as good as the day before. Simply amazing. Ree created an amazing recipe that we loved and I know you’ll love just as much!
Love cherries as much as I do? Here are a few more of my favorite recipes.
- Cherry Lemon Sanrgia
- Cherry Almond Pound Cake
- Dairy Free Skillet Cherry Crisp
- Cherry Cilantro Mango Salsa
- Cherry Pecan Stuffing
- Bloody Eyeball Cherry Cheesecake Cupcakes
If you make this recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Individual Cherry Almond Crisps
For Crisp Topping
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar packed
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 stick Salted Butter cold
- ¼ cup Sliced almonds
For Cherry Filling
- 4 cups Fresh cherries pitted
- ¼ cup White sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For Crisp Topping
- To make the crisp topping, in a large bowl, add the ½ cup flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, and dash of nutmeg. Cut the cold butter into pieces and add the butter to the bowl. Using a fork cut the butter into the flour mixture until you have coarse crumbs. Once you have coarse crumbs add the sliced almonds.
For Cherry Filling
- Rinse your cherries, and begin to remove the pits.
- Once the seeds have been removed from the cherries its time to add ¼ cup white sugar, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon almond extract to the cherries. Mix well until every cherry is coated with cornstarch/sugar mixture.
- Spray ramekins with cooking spray and begin adding about 1 cup cherry mixture to each ramekin followed by crisp topping. It will look like your ramekins are overflowing; however, they will reduce in size once they begin to cook.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the crisp topping is golden brown.
- Serve the cherry almond crisps warm or at room temperature. Top with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
- Simplify cutting butter by using a KitchenAid Stand Mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Simplify pitting cherries! I use this OXO Cherry Pitter (affiliate link).
- *when cooking with small ramekins I always place the ramekins on one large baking sheet making it easier to remove from the oven.
Disclaimer: I received 4 Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte, and 1 reader will receive 4 as well per entry qualifications. I was not compensated to write this post and as always all opinions are always my own. This post contains affiliate links in it.