Grilled Chicken & Mexican Rice Wraps
A few weeks ago I posted about the most amazing “pantry” Mexican Rice Salad, I created. With using that rice, I created a tasty wrap that is perfect for lunch or dinner. This wrap is also sort of a “pantry” concoction. I always have black beans on hand and typically buy an avocado or two each week. That day I happened to have 2 leftover grilled chicken breast and wanted to do something with them. I don’t always make wraps. Heck, I rarely make wraps, so this was a nice treat. It wasn’t until after my husband and I had our first few bites that I realized a dipping sauce would go great with this wrap since it was a little on the dry side.
Luckily, I had a batch of Creamy Pepper Dressing on hand. After one dip–I knew that this peppery dressing was a match made in heaven for this wrap. The afternoon I served these wraps for lunch I invited my neighbor over so she could give it a try. She too, agreed that the wrap was best with the creamy dressing. I realize that this wrap causes you to have to make essentially 3 different items, but trust me–its well worth it. Your friends and family will thank me for it later!
Recipe for Mexican Rice Salad
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp greek seasoning
- 4 spinach wraps
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cups of Mexican Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 1/2 avocado
- Preheat your grill to 400 degrees. While grill is preheating season chicken breast with olive oil and greek seasoning. Place chicken on grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (about 10-15 minutes depending on the cut of your chicken). Remember to turn your chicken halfway through the cooking process.
- Once chicken is done cooking; slice into lengthwise pieces with the chicken being at a diagonal. You should get about 10 slices giving each wrap about 5 slices of chicken each.
- Heat 1 spinach wrap in a moist paper towel in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Once warmed add 1/2 cup of Mexican Rice Salad, 4-5 slices of grilled chicken breast, 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese and 1 slice of avocado. Fold the wrap in half pushing all the filling to the fold of the burrito. Fold in each end toward the middle of the burrito then fold over so that the seam is facing down. Place a tooth pick in each end and cut at a diagonal. Carefully transfer to plate and serve. *Repeat this step for the other 3 wraps.
Original Recipe created by Katie Jasiewicz of Katie's Cucina
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74