Simplify your dinnertime (or entertaining) routine and make this easy 6-ingredient recipe for Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots.
Are you ready to revolutionize the way you make honey glazed carrots? Like, make them in minutes? Meet my shiny (newish) friend, Instant Pot. A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. I hinted that I had some more recipes coming your way. Today, I’m excited to share my easy recipe for Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots. Just six ingredients and about 10 minutes of your time and you’ll have melt-in-your-mouth tender carrots. You might recall, I’ve made these in the slow cooker and love cooking them in the slow cooker, but if I forget to start the slow cooker or need a quick vegetable side dish I pull out my Instant Pot. It’s the easiest way to get a quick side dish on the table in minutes!
Fun fact, my toddler doesn’t like vegetables (I mean what toddler does). Sigh…. coming from a mom who lived on pretty much only vegetables as a kid this hurts my heart. However, he’s starting to warm up to trying “new” things. Let’s face it, their is nothing new about these vegetables. He has been eating them since he was a baby but yet he turns his cheek at them. Of course I sneak vegetables into just about anything I can and feel extra satisfied after he finishes his meal. However, one thing I’ve learned is that he likes carrots. I’ll take it. If that means I have to make carrots almost every night–I will! Anything to get my child to eat a vegetable, right?
So you might be wondering why the heck would I pull my Instant Pot out to make a side dish? Well, for one, when I cook carrots it takes at least a half hour to steam them if not longer. Two, you can make a huge batch of carrots in minutes making this ideal to use through out the whole week or even entertaining for a large crowd! Need an easy vegetable side dish? This recipe for Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots is the ticket!
Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter flavored coconut oil
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey + additional for topping
- 1 teaspoon dill + additional for topping
- 1 cup water
- Select the “saute” setting on the Instant Pot. Melt the butter flavored coconut oil then add in the carrots.
- Top carrots with brown sugar, honey and dill. Pour water on top, and mix well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Select “steam” for 4 minutes (with pressure valved in the “sealing” position). Close the Instant Pot and let the carrots cook. When they are done do a quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove the lid, mix well and top with additional honey and dill if desired.