Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna Steaks
Make these restaurant quality Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna steaks at home and in minutes for a fraction of the cost of what you would pay at a restaurant!
I know a lot of people are intimidated by making fish at home. I’m constantly answering questions on how to cook fish perfectly. Sadly, I don’t have a great answer for you. It simply takes time and experimenting with cooking fish. Today, I’m going to share a little knowledge with you on how to cook ahi tuna at home.
We love ordering Ahi tuna steaks when we go out to eat. But since we rarely go out to eat any more I’ve decided to start cooking it at home. After a few attempts, I’ve finally perfected these Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna Steaks. The key is to make the sauce ahead of time and then season the tuna steaks well with salt and pepper.
How do you cook Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna Steaks?
Tuna steaks only need to be cooked for a few minutes. Having the sauce prepared before you cook the steaks is key to making this dinner. During the last minute of cooking you’ll pour half the sauce on top of the steaks. You will want to let the sauce cook into the steaks. Then pour the additional sauce on top of the tuna steaks once they are plated. Finish the tuna steaks off by sprinkling with both black and white sesame seeds and dinner is served.
What do you serve with Ahi Tuna?
Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to make with these ahi tuna steaks.
- Honey Sesame Green Beans
- Instant Pot Quinoa
- Emeril’s Broccoli and Cauliflower Stir-Fry
- Grilled Asian Green Beans and Red Bell Peppers
- Sesame Cucumber Salad
These tuna steaks have been one of my quickest meals to get on the table to date. As long as my husband is home and playing with the baby– I can have our entire dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. If you love Ahi Tuna and want to enjoy it in the comfort of your own home I highly suggest you give his recipe for Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna Steaks a try!
Sesame Ginger Ahi Tuna
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 tablespoon white and black sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tuna steaks
- In a bowl mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, minced garlic, and ginger. Set to the side.
- Rinse and pat dry the tuna steaks. Season with salt and pepper to taste on both side.
- Heat a skillet to high heat with the grape seed oil. Place tuna steak in skillet (you should hear a searing sound). Cook 2 minutes, then flip. Spoon half the sauce into the pan during the last minute of cooking. Remove the tuna steaks and plate. Pour the remainder of the sauce over the tuna steaks and sprinkle with sesame seeds, dividing evenly.
Katie Original Recipe
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74