Learn how to make this easy dessert recipe for homemade Strawberry Raspberry Nutella Dessert Tacos. Sure to be the hit at your next fiesta!
Get ready for a sinful dessert that your guest will be asking for more. It’s no secret that I love tacos. And a dessert taco… Sign me up for two or three. I feel like I can get away with eating at least one (if not more) because of the fresh strawberries and raspberries. It balances the deep fried cinnamon sugar taco shell and the healthy serving of Nutella and freshly whipped cream! At least that’s how my mind thinks! Lol. In all seriousness, the fresh fruit really does balance out this taco.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links in this post. If you click on the link and purchase I will receive a small portion of the sale.
Strawberry-Raspberry Nutella Dessert Tacos
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 flour tortilla fajita size
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup nutella
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a large shallow dish mix together the granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Set to the side.
- In a large skillet heat the canola oil until bubbly and hot (you can test by sprinkling a little tiny bit of sugar into the skillet if it starts to bubble it's ready to fry).
- Place one tortilla in the skillet cook for 10 seconds then using tongs flip over, and begin to fold in half. Continue to hold one side of the tortilla with tongs. Then flip to ensure the other side cooks evenly. Remove from the skillet. Dip both sides in the cinnamon sugar and sprinkle cinnamon sugar in the inside of the taco shell. Shake excess cinnamon sugar off and set to the side. Repeat until all the taco shells are cooked.
- Once the taco shells are cooked, chop 1 cup fresh strawberries and rinse half cup raspberries. Place them off to the side.
- Before you are about to serve, add heavy cream and powdered sugar to a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and whip until stiff peaks form (about 1 minute). Place in a piping bag or a ziplock baggy and cut a corner tip off to pipe!
- Add Nutella into a sandwich baggy and cut one side of the corner with scissors. This will allow you to pipe in the Nutella into the bottom of the taco shell. Divide the nutella evenly then add in fruit. Lastly garnish each taco with a generous serving of whipped cream.