Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken

Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken from KatiesCucina.com

Bruschetta. How I love thee. I could eat bowls full of tomato and basil bruschetta. It had been a few years since last making a bruschetta chicken pasta. It use to be my go-to meal and to be honest I have no clue why it fell off the radar. I never blogged about it, so that right there tells me that I think its been almost 4 years since I’ve last made it. If I didn’t blog about it most likely it can be dated as a pre-blog recipe. When I made the recipe I would use a soup-mix pouch to get a lot of the flavors. I did not have the mix on hand and figured I would create my own version using fresh ingredients and flavors!

Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken from KatiesCucina.com

I also had fresh homemade spaghetti on hand. I knew I needed to use it up and that is how this Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken came to life. You see, in the summer months I do everything possible to not turn on my oven. I will cook on the stove-top (although still heats up the house quite a bit). Since the pasta was already cooked all I really needed to do was heat up the sauce and in the last few minutes of cooking add the freshly made spaghetti. I fired up my grill and cooked 2 chicken breast which we then turned into a meal for four (or dinner for the two of us and lunch the next day for both of us). If you are looking for a fresh new take on Italian comfort food I would highly suggest you give this recipe a try!

Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken from KatiesCucina.com

Print Recipe

Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken

Ingredients:

Directions:

For the Chicken:

1. Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill well then reduce grill to medium heat.
  2. While the grill is pre-heating, in a zip top bag add chicken breast, Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, and olive oil. Seal bag and mix well until the chicken has been coated with the seasoning.
  3. Place on the grill and cook for 12 minutes (turning once in between). Using a thermometer, make sure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove chicken from the grill, let it rest for a few minutes, then slice chicken at a diagonal.

For the Pasta:

1. In a large skillet add olive oil, butter, and garlic to the skillet. Head on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Then add the diced roma tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted garlic & herb seasoning and cook for 2 additional minutes.
  2. Toss cooked pasta into the sauce and cook for one additional minute. Before plating, add fresh basil leaves. Mix well, and then divide the pasta amongst four plates. Add half a chicken breast on top of each plate of pasta and enjoy!

42 Responses to “Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken”

1. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite posted on June 24, 2013 at 10:53 am (#)

This pasta with the chicken looks so good.

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Thanks Meagan! It’s so comforting and yet “light”!

2. Megan{Country Cleaver} posted on June 24, 2013 at 11:23 am (#)

Homemade spaghetti, lemony goodness. Girl you are after my heart!! Love it!

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Ha ha thanks Megan!

3. Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen posted on June 24, 2013 at 12:12 pm (#)

Looks delicious, Katie! One of my favorite dishes!

4. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough posted on June 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm (#)

Mmm, looks so refreshing and comforting and yummy! I WANT.

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Yes, you must make it soon! Refreshing+comforting=bliss!

5. cassie posted on June 24, 2013 at 4:58 pm (#)

I love these flavors. what a great summer meal!

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Perfect pasta dish for summer!

6. Nikki @Seeded at the Table posted on June 24, 2013 at 6:30 pm (#)

Oh wow, Katie, this pasta dish sounds fabulous! Plus, beautiful colors to boot!

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Thanks Nikki!

7. Katie posted on June 24, 2013 at 8:45 pm (#)

Just so happened I have everything to make it tonight for dinner, very tasty! We will definetly be making this again!

• Katie replied on June 24th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Thanks for stopping by and making the recipe, Katie! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

8. Suzanne posted on June 24, 2013 at 11:27 pm (#)

For me it’s pasta. I could eat bowls, and bowls of it. Especially this pasta, looks delicious!

9. Jen @ Savory Simple posted on June 25, 2013 at 9:51 am (#)

This is what summer is all about! I love these flavors.

10. Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) posted on June 25, 2013 at 11:42 am (#)

I was trying to come up with a recipe like this, but you beat me to it! Hah.

• Katie replied on June 25th, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Oh Ashley–enjoy and then make it your own with some other ingredients!!!

11. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen posted on June 25, 2013 at 6:56 pm (#)

oooh that looks like a refreshing, filling dinner!

12. Kiran @ KiranTarun.com posted on June 26, 2013 at 11:11 am (#)

A great summer pasta!! Love the colors on the palate, Katie :)

• Katie replied on June 26th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Thanks Kiran!

13. steph@stephsbitebybite posted on June 26, 2013 at 11:22 am (#)

This sounds so refreshing! Pasta in summertime! Perfect!!

• Katie replied on June 26th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Thanks!

14. Jessica@AKitchenAddiction posted on June 26, 2013 at 3:21 pm (#)

What an amazing pasta dish! Love these flavors!

15. Nutmeg Nanny posted on June 27, 2013 at 10:48 am (#)

Oh this looks wonderful! The perfect summer pasta dish :)

16. Barb @ FL Mom's Blog posted on June 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm (#)

Thanks for sharing the great looking and sounding recipe: bookmarked and printed it!

17. Cristy posted on August 7, 2013 at 7:47 pm (#)

I made this tonight and it was amazing! My husband and daughter love it as well!

• Katie replied on August 7th, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Christy, I’m so happy to read this! I love making this light pasta dish!!!

18. Alicia posted on October 4, 2013 at 11:26 pm (#)

This was amazing and so easy! I’m on a dairy-free soy-free diet right now so I omitted the butter and just used extra olive oil. My hubby and I loved it and my three year old was asking for seconds. So delicious. Thanks for sharing!

• Katie replied on October 7th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Alicia, so happy to read that your family enjoyed it!

19. Cheryl @ That's What Che Said... posted on December 6, 2013 at 1:33 pm (#)

This looks amazing! Bruschetta Chicken and Lemon Chicken are my faves! My taste buds just exploded when I read that you combined the two! Can’t wait to try it, found you on pinterest! xo – Cheryl

• Katie replied on December 6th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Thanks Cheryl! We love this recipe in my house!

20. Trilby Bias posted on March 21, 2014 at 12:40 am (#)

I have all the ingredients to make this except for the McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning. What seasonings could I use instead?

• Katie replied on March 23rd, 2014 at 9:45 am

Hi Trillby–not sure the McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning really makes this dish. I would say hold off making it until you can get to the store to pick up the seasoning. You could always do a little garlic powder, but not sure about any of the other seasonings. good luck.

21. Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic posted on May 25, 2014 at 9:40 am (#)

YUM!!! I’d love for you to share this at my Saturday Dishes Link Party this weekend! It’s a themed link up & this week’s theme is Memorial Day & Grilling! Feel free to share other old or new posts that fit the theme as well if you have them! (:

22. Heather Harris posted on November 30, 2014 at 7:53 pm (#)

I absolutely LOVED this recipe! Here’s my blogpost on it: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2014/11/bruschetta-chicken-pasta.html

Thanks so much for sharing!!

• Katie replied on November 30th, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe! It’s one of our favorites, too!

23. Billye Flanary posted on December 1, 2014 at 7:29 pm (#)

This was delicious! Not too heavy and the fresh herbs and tomatoes made it just right! I didn’t change on ingredient in the recipe. Definitely a make again – thank you!

1. Pingback: Frugal Organic Meal Plan – Monday, August 19th