Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled ChickenPosted by Katie on Jun 24, 2013 in Chicken, Grilling, Italian, Katie Original, pasta | 33 comments
Bruschetta. How I love thee. I could eat bowls full of tomato and basil bruschetta. It had been a few years since last making a bruschetta chicken pasta. It use to be my go-to meal and to be honest I have no clue why it fell off the radar. I never blogged about it, so that right there tells me that I think its been almost 4 years since I’ve last made it. If I didn’t blog about it most likely it can be dated as a pre-blog recipe. When I made the recipe I would use a soup-mix pouch to get a lot of the flavors. I did not have the mix on hand and figured I would create my own version using fresh ingredients and flavors!
I also had fresh homemade spaghetti on hand. I knew I needed to use it up and that is how this Lemon Bruschetta Pasta with Grilled Chicken came to life. You see, in the summer months I do everything possible to not turn on my oven. I will cook on the stove-top (although still heats up the house quite a bit). Since the pasta was already cooked all I really needed to do was heat up the sauce and in the last few minutes of cooking add the freshly made spaghetti. I fired up my grill and cooked 2 chicken breast which we then turned into a meal for four (or dinner for the two of us and lunch the next day for both of us). If you are looking for a fresh new take on Italian comfort food I would highly suggest you give this recipe a try!
Katie Original Recipe
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Diced Roma Tomatoes (4 tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Half Lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 4 cups Homemade Spaghetti
- 15 Basil Leaves, Chiffonade
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Clean grill well then reduce grill to medium heat.
- While the grill is pre-heating, in a zip top bag add chicken breast, Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, and olive oil. Seal bag and mix well until the chicken has been coated with the seasoning.
- Place on the grill and cook for 12 minutes (turning once in between). Using a thermometer, make sure the internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove chicken from the grill, let it rest for a few minutes, then slice chicken at a diagonal.
- In a large skillet add olive oil, butter, and garlic to the skillet. Head on medium-high heat for 1 minute. Then add the diced roma tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, roasted garlic & herb seasoning and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Toss cooked pasta into the sauce and cook for one additional minute. Before plating, add fresh basil leaves. Mix well, and then divide the pasta amongst four plates. Add half a chicken breast on top of each plate of pasta and enjoy!