Looking to use up your leftover mashed potatoes? Here are 27 delicious and unique recipes to use up the leftover mashed potatoes.
We love mashed potatoes in our home. In fact, I almost always purposefully make extras so that I can make a few of these delicious leftover mashed potato recipes. Whether you have extra mashed potatoes from a big holiday dinner or an every day meal you can easily transform them into something new and equally delicious. Sometimes my family can’t even tell that they are day old potatoes from another meal!
- Leftover Mashed Potato FAQs
- 27 Leftover Mashed Potato Recipes
- Mashed Potato Soup
- Mashed Potato Cakes
- Skillet Turkey-Bacon Shepherds Pie
- Potato Corn Chowder with Turkey
- Duchess Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato Croquettes
- Healthy Samosas
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles
- Cheesy Potato-Crusted Chicken Pot Pies
- Thanksgiving Leftovers Stromboli Recipe
- Cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Muffins
- Potato and Porcini Mushroom Cannelloni (Manicotti)
- Mashed Potato Casserole with Crispy Chicken
- Leftover Mashed Potato Quiche | Kookooyeh Sib Zamini
- Loaded Mashed Potato and Meatball Casserole
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
- Ham and Cheese Potato Pancakes
- Papas Rellenas
- Super Simple Authentic Irish Potato Bread
- Best Instant Pot Gnocchi Recipe
- Turkey Sweet Potato Balls (THM-E)
- Mashed Potato and Wild Rice Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crispy Potato Tacos Dorados
- Mashed Potato Flatbread Recipe
- The Best Chicken Shepherd’s Pie
- Leftover Mashed Potato Casserole
- Leftover Mashed Potato Rolls
Leftover Mashed Potato FAQs
Leftover mashed potatoes are good in the fridge for 3-5 days if they are stored properly in a sealed container.
Yes, it is completely safe to reheat mashed potatoes as long as they were stored properly. Place in a microwave safe dish and reheat. The time will depend on how much potatoes you have to reheat.
Yes, if you don’t feel like using up the leftovers right away you can freeze the mashed potatoes. Make sure you cool them to room temperature then place in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Make sure to label them and then freeze for another meal.
27 Leftover Mashed Potato Recipes
If you have leftover mashed potatoes, I hope this helps give you some creative ideas on how to use up the leftovers and transform them into something just as delicious!
If you make any of these leftover mashed potato recipes, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a ⭐ star rating and comment! I (as well as others) spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribe to my email list!
Love this collection of recipes to use up mashed potatoes and thank you for including my potato and porcini cannelloni. I’d love to share this on my FB and Pinterest but could you just remove the strange text from the beginning and end of the description? The same appears on a couple of other link descriptions too. Thank you!
Hi Jacqueline, thank you for the great recipe idea on another way to use up leftover mashed potatoes! Not sure why the weird text appeared in some post, but it’s been fixed. Thank you for sharing!