This Salmon Croquettes recipe is an easy weeknight meal that is done in 30 minutes time. For added protein you’ll find black beans in the filling making this recipe have a touch of Mexican flare to it. Serve it with a homemade avocado salsa with corn and tomato.
If you love fish you’ll love this Salmon Croquettes Recipe. My friend Angie, shared one of her favorite go-to weeknight meals that she’s been enjoying since she was a kid, salmon croquettes. Over the years, she changed her mom’s salmon croquette recipe several times. This recipe is one of her latest re-inventions to make croquettes a little healthier. She adds black beans and lots of flavorful spices to make these have a bit of a Tex-Mex flare. I feel confident that any seafood lover will love this fun twist on a classic recipe.
How to make salmon croquettes
First, preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
Bake croquettes for 15- 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
How to Make Avocado Salsa
While croquettes are cooking, combine all ingredients for salsa in a large bowl. Mix together and then serve croquettes with salsa and fresh lime slices.
Here are a few of the frequently asked questions when making Black Bean Salmon Croquettes.
This Salmon croquettes recipe is made of fresh chopped salmon, mashed black beans, bread crumbs, eggs, and spices.
The only main difference between a patty and a croquette is that a croquette is covered in bread crumbs where a patty is not.
The salmon croquettes will fall apart if they are too wet. So if you find that they are not binding well together you can add additional breadcrumbs. The eggs and mashed black beans will also help the patties stay together.
Easy Salmon Recipes
Looking for more salmon recipes? Try some of my other favorite easy salmon recipes.
If you make this Salmon Croquettes Recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Salmon Croquettes Recipe
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Oven
For the Croquettes:
- ½ pound filet fresh salmon pulsed in food processor or chopped fine
- 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained, and partially mashed with a potato masher
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic grated or chopped very fine
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup additional breadcrumbs for coating
For the Avocado Salsa:
- 1 haas avocado roughly mashed
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Pulse salmon in a food processor. Then place black beans in a bowl and partially mash with a potato masher.
- Combine salmon, black beans, onion, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and spices in a large bowl. Make ¼-cup sized patties and coat each patty in additional bread crumbs.
- Bake croquettes for 15- 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
- While croquettes are cooking, combine all ingredients for salsa in a large bowl. Serve croquettes with salsa and fresh lime slices.
- How to grind salmon – pulse fresh salmon in a food processor until it’s chopped fine.
- Recipe Yields – This recipe yields roughly 8 croquettes depending on the size of the patty you make.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!