Black Bean Salmon Croquettes
Today, I’m happy to have Angie from EclecticRecipes.com here to share her recipe for Black Bean Salmon Croquettes. Angie is a fellow Central Florida Blogger. We’ve had the opportunity to hangout at our annual Central Florida Bake Sale for the past few years. Angie cooks up some stellar recipes. I encourage you to visit her blog after your done reading her recipe she is sharing today!
I am so happy and honored to be guest posting for Katie today while she’s taking a little time off to be with her new baby. I am over the moon happy for Katie and her husband! Babies are the best, and the smell of their little heads, you can’t beat that!
My name is Angie and I blog over at EclecticRecipes.com. I like to cook food that my whole family will love, with an eclectic flare. We love to explore new flavor combinations like this Peperoni Pizza Quiche and this Thai Chicken and Cabbage Noodles.
I wanted to share one of my favorite go-to weeknight meals that I’ve been enjoying since I was a kid, salmon croquettes. Over the years, I’ve changed my mom’s salmon croquette recipe several times. This recipe is one of my latest re-inventions to make croquettes a little healthier. I added black beans and lots of flavorful spices to make these have a bit of a Tex-Mex flare.
To make these I start with fresh salmon that has been pulsed in the food processor. Then I add black beans that I first partially mash with a potato masher. Then I add my onion, garlic, egg and spices in a large bowl. After forming the patties, I roll them in bread crumbs and then shallow fry them in vegetable oil.
To go with these, I made an avocado salsa with corn and tomato. I serve the croquettes topped with the salsa along side a fresh salad garnished with lime wedges.
- 1/2 lb filet fresh salmon, pulsed in food processor or chopped fine
- 1- 15 oz can back beans, rinsed and drained, and partially mashed with a potato masher
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, grated or chopped very fine
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup additional bread crumbs for coating
- 1 hass avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- the juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 450°. Combine salmon, black beans, onion, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and spices in a large bowl. Make 1/4-cup sized patties and coat each patty in additional bread crumbs.
- Bake croquettes for 15- 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145°.
- While croquettes are cooking, combine all ingredients for salsa. Serve croquettes with salsa and fresh lime slices.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74