Blackened Shrimp Tacos
Crispy blackened shrimp completes this flour tortilla taco that has julienne sliced jicama and carrots with spinach, peach salsa, and sliced avocado!
I also paired the blackened shrimp tacos with my homemade peach salsa. The sweet fruit paired well with the spice from the blackening seasoning pairs perfectly. It’s refreshing taco and light weight but full of flavor. So as the weather starts to get cooler, you can dream about the hot summer days you had by eating a few of these blackened shrimp tacos!
- 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp Blackening Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Grape Seed Oil
- 10 Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 cup Jicama, julienne
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienne
- 1/2 cup Spinach, diced
- 2 Avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Peach Salsa
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- In a bowl combine, shrimp and blackening season. Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Place the grape seed oil in the pan let it heat for one minute then add in the shrimp. Saute the shrimp for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the shrimp is pink in color, remove from the heat and set to the side.
- Prep all of your toppings for the taco's. Julienne slice the jicama and carrots, chop the spinach and thinly slice the avocado. Warm the flour tortillas just before serving (you can do this in the microwave in a damp paper towel for 15 seconds).
- Place a flour tortilla on a plate, layer with julienne jicama and carrots, chopped spinach, 3 cooked shrimp, sliced avocado, and a tablespoon of peach salsa. Sprinkle cilantro on top if desired. Repeat until you've made all the tacos.
Warning: Use of undefined constant rand - assumed 'rand' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/kjasiewicz21/webapps/katiescucina/wp-content/themes/katiescucina/single.php on line 74