Crispy blackened shrimp completes this flour tortilla taco that has julienne sliced jicama and carrots with spinach, peach salsa, and sliced avocado!
I also paired the blackened shrimp tacos with my homemade peach salsa. The sweet fruit paired well with the spice from the blackening seasoning pairs perfectly. It’s refreshing taco and light weight but full of flavor. So as the weather starts to get cooler, you can dream about the hot summer days you had by eating a few of these blackened shrimp tacos!
Katie Original Recipe
Blackened Shrimp Tacos
- Stove Top
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 tablespoon Blackening Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Grape Seed Oil
- 10 Soft Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Jícama julienne
- ½ cup Carrots julienne
- ½ cup Spinach diced
- 2 Avocados thinly sliced
- ½ cup Peach Salsa
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- In a bowl combine, shrimp and blackening season. Set to the side.
- Prep all of your toppings for the taco's. Julienne slice the jicama and carrots, chop the spinach and thinly slice the avocado.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat. Place the grape seed oil in the pan let it heat for one minute then add in the shrimp. Saute the shrimp for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the shrimp is pink in color, remove from the heat.
- Warm the flour tortillas just before serving.
- Place a flour tortilla on a plate, layer with julienne jicama and carrots, chopped spinach, 3 cooked shrimp, sliced avocado, and a tablespoon of peach salsa. Sprinkle cilantro on top if desired. Repeat until you've made all the tacos.
- Yield - This recipe yields 10 small tacos. I typically like to serve 2-3 tacos per person.
- Peach Salsa - You can make your own peach salsa or by store bought.
- Warming Tortillas - There are a few ways to warm tortillas.
- Microwave - You can place the tortillas on a microwave safe plate with a damp paper towel wrapped around them for 15 seconds.
- Oven - Place the tortillas in aluminum foil (wrapping the foil all around the tortillas). Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until warmed.