Looking for a delicious and easy to make dip for your next part? Try this easy homemade recipe for buffalo chicken dip serve with veggies and crackers!
Originally published on March 21, 2011. Updated with new text, recipe card, and images on January 20, 2020.
I was first introduced to buffalo chicken dip when I started my first corporate job some 15 years ago. This was back before recipes were a thing on the internet. They were just getting started. You also didn’t search the internet for ALL the answers to every dieing question you had. My co-worker never did give me the exact recipe–he just told me what was in the dip. Over the years, I’ve perfected my recipe and make this cheesy yet spicy chicken dip for parties and family gatherings. I’ll be the first to tell you it’s always a big hit!
What goes good with spicy buffalo chicken dip?
Here are just a few of my favorite things to serve with this creamy spicy dip.
How long is chicken dip good for?
Just like any food that you cook and consume. This appetizer recipe needs to be stored in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 3-5 days. I always forget when I made something, so it’s very important to label your container. This in general is good food safety practice. After the 5th day it sadly will go in the garbage. I always remind my husband–it’s better in the garbage then getting really sick with food poisoning. Not that it would happen, but I never want to take that risk.
Buffalo Chicken Recipes
We are a huge fan of all things buffalo chicken in my home. I have quite a few buffalo chicken inspired recipes that I must share with you.
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbreads
- Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Twice Baked Buffalo Chicken Potatoes
- Smothered Buffalo Chicken Chips
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Buffalo Chicken Phyllo Bites
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon & Chive Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Bacon Cheese Fries
If you simply are craving buffalo chicken or maybe entertaining for a crowd. I hope you’ll give my homemade recipe for buffalo chicken dip a try.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ¼ cup Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. Using a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, place the softened cream cheese in the bowl, and beat until whipped and fluffy.
- Once the cream cheese is fluffy add the sour cream, buffalo sauce, blue cheese, ¾ cups cheddar cheese, parsley, onion flakes, and diced chicken. Beat for one minute on medium-low until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spay the cooking spray in an oven-proof glass pie plate. Carefully transfer the buffalo chicken mixture into the bowl. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese on top of the dip. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot immediately with tortilla, corn chips or even veggies.