I’m sharing How to Make Corned Beef on the stove top with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. This classic Irish dinner recipes comes together in a few hours.
A classic crock pot recipe for St. Patty’s day! My Corned Beef did not come with a seasoning packet this year, so I did some research and made my own seasoning!
Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Stove Top
- 1 3.5 lb. Corned beef brisket
- 12 baby red potatoes
- 6 large carrots peeled
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 16 oz. Light Beer
- 1 Cabbage cut into 8 wedges
- Place the corned beef in a large 5 quart pot. Add whole potatoes, peeled carrots, and spices to the pot. Pour the bottle of beer over all the contents in the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 2-2.5 hours.
- Add cabbage wedges to the corned beef during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cook until soft and corned beef is fork tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pot and set to the side. Carefully, remove the corned beef and slice against the grain. Plate food and enjoy.