Today, Rachel from Rachel Cooks is here to share her recipe for Dark Chocolate and Pecan Cookies. Rachel has helped out before and shared her recipe for reduced-fat cucumber salad. And when she had her baby I helped her out while she was tending to her newborn. We’ve yet to meet in person, but chat online often, and I know one of these days we will finally get to meet!
Hi everyone! I’m so thrilled to be helping out Katie while she’s at home snuggling with her little one. I know blogging is the last thing on her mind right now as she’s keeping herself very busy with diapers, chubby thighs, tiny little toes, priceless snuggles, and sleepless nights. I wish I could bring her dinner but I guess virtual cookies will have to do.
If you’re wondering who I am, I’m Rachel and I blog at extremely creatively-named blog Rachel Cooks. I’m a physical therapist (sometimes), a blogger (almost always), a wife (always), and a mom (more than always).
I survive on toddler giggles, popcorn, and coffee. But adding cookies to the mix can’t hurt. And these cookies are winners. They’re a sophisticated version of the classic chocolate chip cookie that everyone loves. However, I promise you everyone will love these too. Big dark chocolate chips automatically start these off on the right foot. Pecans add a great nutty flavor and bite to these cookies and cinnamon adds interest, flavor (and antioxidants!). These thick, chewy cookies immediately climbed to the top of my list of favorite cookies. Even if you think the cinnamon sounds weird, I urge you not to leave it out! It really makes these cookies special and unique and…perfect. If I do so humbly say…
Wish I could bring you over a batch of these cookies and snuggle with your little cutie, Katie! Congrats and thank you for having me here today! I’m honored to be able to help you out.
I’d love for you to stop by Rachel Cooks and say hi some time! You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or you can subscribe to my emails and never miss a recipe!
Original Recipe from RachelCooks.com
Dark Chocolate and Pecan Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). With the mixer on low, add in egg and vanilla. Return mixer to medium and mix until incorporated. Scrape sides as needed.
- With the mixer back on low, add dry ingredient mixture gradually until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans by hand. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat and set aside.
- Form balls from approximately 1 tablespoon of dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just barely golden. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cool. Store in airtight container.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Yayyyy! I love Rachel! And THESE COOKIES!!! Dark chocolate + pecans +cookies are the perfect combo!
Me too… both about Rachel and the cookies. One day I will get to meet her in real life 🙂
Christine from Cook the Story
That cookie is staring at me. He’s too adorable and must be eaten immediately!
haha I know… I want to bake them ASAP!