Prep: 5 minutes
Total: 45 minutes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soad
- 1 17-oz can creamed corn
- 1-½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 4 oz can diced green chile peppers, undrained
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or you can use a muffin pan).
2. In a large bowl stir together cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. Stir in creamed corn, cheese, onion, oil, eggs, and undrained chile peppers.
3. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Let the bread sit for 5 minutes to cool after cooking.