One Pot Chili Pasta is the ultimate comfort food recipe. This delicious beef chili recipe is made in just 30 minutes and best of all in one pot.
I’m sharing yet another one pot pasta recipe. This time we are tackling chili. This One Pot Chili Pasta is sure to be a new family favorite. Any time I make chili I have to eat it with pasta. My husband will eat it just about any which way, but for me to consume chili it HAS to be with pasta. It’s a must.
Ryder loved this recipe—even though it’s a tad bit spicy with the jalapeno he devoured the chili pasta. The kid loves spicy food—baffles me, but I’ll take it.
For this one-pot chili pasta recipe I used a 92% Lean / 8% fat ground beef for this recipe. What I love about this ground beef is that this 92% Lean Ground Beef is so low in fat and saturated fat that it falls into the government’s “lean” category. So I don’t feel guilty about serving beef and worrying about the excess fat and saturated fat in the recipe.
Here is a list of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe.
- Lean Ground Beef
- Red Kidney Beans
- Light Red Kidney Beans
- Crushed tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Frozen Corn
- Chili Powder
- White Granulated Sugar
- Season salt
- Black pepper
- Elbow macaroni
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Like any good one-pot recipe I cooked the meat and veggies first and then added in the seasoning and tomatoes. After some good stirring it’s time to add in the pasta. I used a small box of elbow macaroni for this recipe. You can use any tube shaped cut of pasta for this recipe.
Heck, in all actually you could use any type of pasta. If it’s a longer cut pasta like spaghetti or linguini then you’ll want to break the pasta in half, so that it fits in the skillet and can be submerged in the sauce.
Remember, a big skillet is key. I love my OXO skillet—its lightweight, holds’ a lot of food, and cleans up easily. Perfect for one-pot meals.
Beef Dinner Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite recipes that use beef.
- Beef, Asparagus, Cherry Tomato, and Mushroom Kabobs
- Slow Cooker Beef, Brown Rice, Quinoa and Veggie Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Burgers
- Grilled Taco Pizza
- Beef Zoodle Soup
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Lemon Butter Lump Crabmeat
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Corn and Poblano Salad
- Butternut Squash Beef Stew
- One Pan Dinner: Roasted Root Vegetables with London Broil
If you’re looking to change up the way you serve chili or just looking for an easy and quick dinner recipe give my recipe for One-Pot Chili Pasta a try.
One Pot Chili Pasta
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic in water
- 1 15 oz. can of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can of light red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup frozen corn optional
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb. Lumaconi pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender (about 10 minutes on medium-high). Drain off fat.
- Stir in beans, crushed tomatoes, frozen corn, chili powder, white granulated sugar, dried oregano, parsley, season salt, and black pepper. Mix well then add in the uncooked pasta. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring often. Remove skillet from heat; sprinkle mixture with cheese. Cover and let stand about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.