Simplify dinner with my easy 3-ingredient recipe for Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. Perfect for tacos, burritos, quesadillas and more!
I’m so excited to share my first Instant Pot recipe here on Katie’s Cucina. I’ve been holding out on y’all and I’m sorry. I received in an Instant Pot for my birthday back in April and have been experimenting and testing a lot of recipes. One recipe that I’ve made over and over for the past few months was this recipe for Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken. I used the same exact concept as my slow cooker shredded chicken tacos, but in Instant Pot form. Best of all–if I forget to take out chicken I just drop in a few frozen chicken breast and voila, I have dinner done in just over a half hour!
So you might be wondering, what is an Instant Pot? It’s a digital corded pressure cooker. Now, I’ll be honest I was very much intimidated in the beginning. It took me a good week before I opened the box. The word “pressure cooker” has a stigma to it. It can be scary and if your not careful you can dry out your food and really hurt yourself (i.e. steam burns). However, the Instant Pot has taken away all the fears of the traditional pressure cooker. One thing that I love about the Instant Pot is that you can safely cook meat from frozen in it without worries of food contamination. That’s why I love my recipe for Mexican Shredded Chicken. Unlike the slow cooker version, I can actually whip this up in no time using frozen chicken breast. I’ve tested both fresh and frozen and I’ve found absolutely no difference in taste. The only difference is the cooking time.
If your ready to elevate your cooking and bring meal time to a new level I invite you to not only invest in an Instant Pot (around $100) but make my recipe for Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken!
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on the link and purchase something I will receive a very small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you!
Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 1 19 oz. can of Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast frozen or fresh
- Empty the enchilada sauce in the instant pot and sprinkle the taco seasoning in the sauce. Mix well then add the chicken breast. Coat the chicken on both sides.
- Plug the Instant Pot in and close the lid to the locking position. Select "meat", for fresh thawed chicken reduce cooking time to 15 minutes. (For frozen chicken breast cook for 30 minutes.)
- Once the Instant Pot has come to pressure and is done let it sit for 5 minutes. Release the pressure and remove the chicken breast to a bowl. Shred the chicken and place it back in the sauce, tossing so the chicken is saucy. Enjoy immediately or place the Instant Pot on "Keep Warm" mode and enjoy when your ready!