Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin

Learn how to make this irresistible rub and make my recipe for Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin.

We probably eat pork tenderloin at least twice a month in our home. I buy a 2-pack from Costco, make one while it’s fresh and the other goes in the freezer for a rainy day. I almost always make a Greek Pork Tenderloin… it’s easy to make and super flavorful. The other one will get grilled or sometimes I’ll get fancy and turn my oven on and roast it. I’ll season it with salt and pepper and cut a few slits in the meat and stuff it with garlic cloves. I wasn’t in the mood for either the other week and decided that I would make a rub.
I love to grill the pork tenderloin. This sweet and savory rub for the pork tenderloin is out of this world delicious. I combined chili powder, smoke paprika, a little brown sugar and cinnamon. The rub and pork tenderloin turned out delicious. I paired it with baked sweet potatoes, wilted spinach and grilled black pepper asparagus. I’m all for making two vegetables with dinner each night and most nights I’ll make a salad too. I love to get our veggies in. The photos of this pork tenderloin do not do it justice, but trust me its delicious. So if your looking to switch up your dinner regimen… try grilling a pork tenderloin with this easy to make brown sugar chili rub!
Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin

Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin

• 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 pork tenderloin
  • 1 tbsp grape seed oil

1. Preheat grill on high heat. Clean and reduce heat down to medium.
  2. While grill is preheating make the rub. In a bowl, combine the chili powder, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
  3. Rinse and dry off the pork tenderloin, place on a plate. Then pour the grape seed oil on top of the pork tenderloin. Sprinkle half the rub on top, rub seasoning all over the pork tenderloin then flip the pork tenderloin over and use the rest of the rub on the pork. Once the pork is fully coated place on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, flipping once at the 10 minute mark. Internal temperature of pork should reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice and serve immediately

23 Responses to “Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin”

1. danielle posted on August 22, 2014 at 9:02 am (#)

Just pinned this one – it looks and sounds great!

2. Stephanie @ Girl Versus Dough posted on August 22, 2014 at 9:53 am (#)

That rub — WOWZA. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t rain this weekend so I can make this!

3. Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet posted on August 22, 2014 at 9:35 pm (#)

Gorgeous. We love pork tenderloin and this looks fantastic!

• Katie replied on August 29th, 2014 at 10:33 am

Thanks Anna. It’s not “pretty” looking but it sure does taste good!

4. Suzanne posted on August 28, 2014 at 8:25 pm (#)

Yum! That rub looks fantastic.

• Katie replied on August 29th, 2014 at 10:30 am

It’s so good and easy to make! The photo’s don’t do this recipe justice!

5. Dianna posted on August 30, 2014 at 4:11 pm (#)

This looks SOOO good. You don’t know how many times I’ve purchased a pork tenderloin and cooked both parts intertwined because I didn’t realize there were 2 to a pack. lol Now I know better. A few weeks ago I made an amazing Maple Syrup glazed version from another blog and it was delightful… however, the following day, my doctor was convinced I had gestational diabetes because I had such high glucose levels in my urine test. LOL As it turns out, I don’t… thank goodness! Will definitely have to give this recipe a try, I’ll just make sure I don’t have a doc visit the next day! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Katie replied on September 2nd, 2014 at 1:34 pm

Lol Dianna that is horrible. That was always my fear when I was pregnant. Give this a try just not before your next appointment! ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. JimRhino posted on October 25, 2014 at 12:55 pm (#)

I love the simplicity of the recipe for the WoW factor of the flavor. Thanks for sharing!

Only change is to cook the loin to 145*F internal temp and rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Mmm!

• Katie replied on October 30th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Thanks Jim. I’m old school and still like my pork cooked to 165! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Yes–definitely let grilled meat rest for a few minutes. I need to add that into the recipe.

7. Tracy L. posted on May 9, 2015 at 5:12 pm (#)

Where do you get smoked paprika? ย I can’t find it at the grocery store.

• Katie replied on May 9th, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Hi Tracy, My grocery store carries it in the spice aisle. You could also try ordering on Amazon.

8. Kevin posted on June 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm (#)

Just finished dinner using this recipe. Wow, a fantastic meal! I doubled the rub recipe for my 4-lb loin and I used extra virgin olive oil instead of grapeseed oil. I grilled it to and internal temp of 150 degrees and it was succulent and flavorful. Will definitely make this again!

• Katie replied on June 17th, 2015 at 8:22 am

Kevin, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I’m so glad you loved it! We love grilling our pork tenderloin and I love this rub recipe!!!

9. Tricia A. posted on June 25, 2015 at 11:35 am (#)

I’m going to make this tonight for dinner. What size tenderloin do you use that can be cooked on the grill in 20 minutes?

• Katie replied on June 25th, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Hi Tricia, Just seeing this now. I just used a 1 lb. pork tenderloin. When in doubt use your thermometer and watch the internal temperature. Hope you enjoyed this recipe.

1. Pingback: Grilled Brown Sugar Chili Pork Tenderloin | Food- Mafia

2. Pingback: 50+ Grilling Recipes

3. Pingback: What We’re Loving Now (May 2015)

4. Pingback: Weekly Eats #13

5. Pingback: 30 No-Bake Meals, Perfect for Summer - Big Ideas Little Cents

6. Pingback: Grilled Pork Tenderloin: 20 Expert Recipes that Will Make You a Grilling Superstar!

7. Pingback: 25 Delicious Recipes for the Grill you will want to make now โ€“ Couponista Queen ~ Coupons, Deals, Freebies, Frugal Living