I’m going to be honest. I don’t like mushrooms… I never have and don’t think I ever will. I bought a large package of mushrooms at the produce market to use in a recipe, and still had half a package left. I didn’t want them to go bad, so I started thinking about what I could do with them… and then I remember that Jon loved the cream cheese stuffed mushrooms that are served at Houlihans! So that’s when I decided to create my own version of them! I never once tasted them and solely relied on his comments! He loved them but he thought I needed to add something else and cook them a little longer. So a few days later I still had some mushrooms leftover and decided to try it again for his family. I added the Parmesan seasoning blend and cooked them a little longer and Jon and his family all loved them! I think this appetizer is a success and I can’t wait to make these for future dinner parties!
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 large mushrooms for stuffing
- ½ cup cream cheese whipped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Seasoning Blend
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg white
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and de-stem mushrooms. Dry very well.
- In a medium-sized container combine milk and egg white. In another container add bread crumbs. Make sure each container has a lid so you can shake them.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and Parmesan seasoning blend. Mix well.
- Stuff each mushroom with the cream cheese filling just until it's even with the mushroom.
- Place 2-3 mushrooms at a time into the milk mixture, secure lid, and shake. Then do the same in the bread crumb mixture. Place cream cheese side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown!
Lol… that's exactly where I bought ours! Jon was in LOVE with these… similar to Houlihan's with probably half the calories (i.e., not fried)!
Peter just bought some "stuffing mushrooms" from Freshfield yesterday. We'll have to try this!