I’m going to be honest. I don’t like mushrooms… I never have and don’t think I ever will. I bought a large package of mushrooms at the produce market to use in a recipe, and still had half a package left. I didn’t want them to go bad, so I started thinking about what I could do with them… and then I remember that Jon loved the cream cheese stuffed mushrooms that are served at Houlihans! So that’s when I decided to create my own version of them! I never once tasted them and solely relied on his comments! He loved them but he thought I needed to add something else and cook them a little longer. So a few days later I still had some mushrooms leftover and decided to try it again for his family. I added the Parmesan seasoning blend and cooked them a little longer and Jon and his family all loved them! I think this appetizer is a success and I can’t wait to make these for future dinner parties!
- 8 large mushrooms for stuffing
- ½ cup cream cheese whipped
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Seasoning Blend
- ½ cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1 tablespoon liquid egg white
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and de-stem mushrooms. Dry very well.
- In a medium-sized container combine milk and egg white. In another container add bread crumbs. Make sure each container has a lid so you can shake them.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and Parmesan seasoning blend. Mix well.
- Stuff each mushroom with the cream cheese filling just until it's even with the mushroom.
- Place 2-3 mushrooms at a time into the milk mixture, secure lid, and shake. Then do the same in the bread crumb mixture. Place cream cheese side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown!