Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 frozen pie crust
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning dried thyme, and parsley
- ¼ tsp salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Clean your raw chicken breast, salt & pepper, and place on baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Once the chicken is cooked, dice into small bite size pieces. *You can omit this step if you have 1.5-2 cups of pre-cooked chicken. You can also use one 12 oz can of chicken if you have neither.
- Pull pie crust out of freezers and separate so they can start defrosting. Take the pie crust you are planning to use as the base and with a fork poke three times on the bottom. Place in the over for 5-10 minutes so that the bottom crust can start baking.
- In a mixing bowl add the bag of frozen peas and carrots, diced (or shredded) chicken, both cans of cream of chicken soup, and seasonings. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into semi-cooked pie shell. Gently lift the second pie crust from the metal pie mold and place on top of the bottom pie crust and mixture. Once the top pie crust is on top of the mixture gently press the seems of the crust together. With a sharp knife cut 2-4 slits in the pie, so that it can breathe. Brush melted butter on top of the pie crust, and bake with a baking sheet under the pie for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Half way through baking, remove pie, and brush with butter on top of the crust again. Cook until golden brown.
- This is a tricky dish to plate. I use a large serving spoon and try to get the bottom crust along with the filling and top of the crust. Enjoy!