There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase from it I make a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost too you! It’s a win-win!
Learn all about my 10 lunch box essentials for grades k-2 to get you through the entire year with the coolest and most delicious lunches.
Eek! School is less then a week away where we live in the South. Now, that my son is entering Elementary school I feel like my life is about to revolve around packing school lunches forevvvvveeeeerrrrr. Since I had a slight practice round when he was in pre-school I’ve learned what works and what doesn’t. Here are a few of my favorite tools to make lunchtime a breeze for the younger kids in your life.
Create Healthy School Lunches in Minutes with These Fun Bento Lunch Box Accessories – Includes Fruit and Vegetable cookie cutters – Food Picks Plus Scratch Note! I was looking for a wide variety of sandwich cutters plus eyeballs and fruit/veggie cutters and found this pack. It has everything I needed and only for $20!
Do your kids love Uncrustables? If so–this is the tool for you! For $14 you can make them every single day of the year! Put a new twist on pocket sandwiches and tarts. Hot or cold pocket sandwiches, appetizers, pastries and tarts are made fun and easy with the Cut-N-Seal. Simply place filling between two layers of bread or dough, then cut and seal. 3.5″ (9 cm).
I’ve used this a few times and it definitely takes time to learn how to use it well. I’m finding you need to roll out your sandwich bread. Nothing fancy either–like the bagged bread in the bread aisle (not the fresh bakery bread).
I bought a Bentgo Kids Box when my son started preschool and haven’t looked back since! This is the best little compartment meal box around! It’s leak-proof, and has 5-compartments for wide variety of items for lunch. It’s the ideal portion size for Ages 3 to 7. The Bentgo is BPA-Free and made of Food-Safe Materials, and that tray is top-shelf dishwasher safe! Bentgo Kids retails for $30 but think about all the plastic bags your saving from the landfills (and money your wasting). Totally worth the investment and super durable! Plus, puts my mama mind at ease knowing he’s not gonna be starving in a lunchroom somewhere because he couldn’t open up a package of food in his lunchbox.
I have the solid colors, but just found these awesome prints, and secretly wishing I can buy a 3rd one for my son (like this rocket print–I’m obsessed)! Every now and then it goes on a flash sale for half off. I see my daughter owning the mermaid print in the near future.
Although this is a bicycle squeeze bottle it’s one of the only squeeze bottles I’ve found on the internet. My son doesn’t use the sippy type CamelBack kid-cups and insisted on a squeeze bottle after receiving one as a party favor from a Birthday party. I needed to find more squeeze bottles that don’t spill and this one does the job!
- HIGH FLOW, SELF-SEALING CAP: CamelBak squeeze bottles are engineered with a high flow, self-sealing cap. This maximizes the flow rate while eliminating spills and splashes.
- EASY TO CLEAN & BPA-FREE: The CamelBak Podium is the ultimate water bottle for rapid, reliable, unwavering hydration. All parts can be separated for easier cleaning, and all plastic materials are BPA-free.
Pottery Barn Kids Cold Pack Mackenzie Lunch Box
I ordered my son a PBK lunch box two years ago and it has held up great. It’s insulated and the “cold pack” style fits the Bentgo Boxes, plus slim ice packs, and a milk or juice box! Right now, they are on sale for $25! This lunch box features a water-resistant exterior, an easy-to-clean molded interior and straps on the back that attach to the Mackenzie Backpacks. Plus, a removable ice pack fastens to the interior to create compartments so their food and snacks are neatly organized.
I bought my son a Pottery Barn Kids lunch box with food storage containers two years ago and it came with a slim ice pack. It’s perfect for the lunch bag plus the Bentgo box. However, one ice pack doesn’t seem to keep everything super cold. Since I’m a stickler on food safety I wanted a second slim ice pack. That’s when I found these! You can order a pack of these for just $8!
- SLIM & CONVENIENT: This set of 4 ice packs are slim enough to fit into all types of lunch bags, grocery totes and coolers. Use more than one for extra cooling power!
- THE PERFECT SIZE: Ice packs are great for any occasion- the beach, in your work lunch bag or grocery tote! Each measures 4.75” x 4.75” x 0.50”
- DELICIOUS, CHILLED FOOD- EVEN WITHOUT THE FRIDGE: These ice packs will keep your food and drinks chilled when you don’t have access to a refrigerator
- EXPERT TIP: Put ice packs in the freezer overnight- they’re be perfectly frozen in the morning and ready to be placed in your lunch bag, cooler or tote
- [SUPER EASY] CARE TIPS: Hand wash only
Looking for a way to neatly divide food without having to worry about paper liners getting soggy? Silicone baking cups are the solution! You can grab this pack of 48 for $12 and use them all year round.
No rust, no hand drying, no scrubbing, no mess! IPOW standard sized silicone cupcake baking cups are made from FDA certified food grade silicone, NO chemical coating or paint, NO fillers, NO BPA. Time to abandon traditional disposable paper cups and upgrade your kitchen with these reusable silicone cupcake baking cups!
Perfect option if you don’t want to pack a fork but want them to use something other then their fingers! These animal food picks are the cutest, and my son absolutely loves them. You can grab this set of 40 for $9.50!
They are great for fruit, pastries, desserts, snacks, easy to use, convenient health.Good choice of gifts: Decorate your food and make her look more delicious. It is a good way to encourage your children to enjoy food. If there are any problems, please contact us WITHOUT HESITATION for free.
Once it gets cooler out you might want to pack your child a bowl of chicken noodle soup or maybe even some mac and cheese! Keep the food warm with a thermos! These come in a variety of kid prints as well as solids. $14 for a 10 oz. food jar.
- THERMOS vacuum insulation technology for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold
- Durable stainless steel interior and exterior
- Wide mouth is easy to fill, serve from and clean
- Keeps cold for 7 hours and hot for 5 hours; stay cool exterior
- 10 ounce capacity; hand washing is recommended
I fondly remember my mom writing me notes in my lunch box. I expected that little post-it size note every day and if I didn’t get one I was thouroughly disappointed. Gone are the days of the simple post-it. Someone decided to print cute notes to help simplify the busy parents life. Grab 60 notes for $9!
- LUNCH BOX NOTES: Includes 60 colorful lunch box notes with 30 different designs, 2 of each design. Some have inspirational messages, others are blank for you to fill in. These cards are single-side printed.
- INSPIRATIONAL: Put one of these into your child’s lunchbox to brighten up their day and to show them your support.
- VALUE PACK: Get 60 lunchbox notes at a value price! Make sure to have some on hand when it’s time to pack your child’s lunch.
- QUALITY: Cards are printed on 250gsm cardstock for extra durability.
- DIMENSIONS: Each lunchbox note measures 2 x 3.5 inches.
Lunchbox Recipe Ideas
I couldn’t help but not share a few of my favorite lunchbox recipes at the end of this post. Afterall–now that you have all this fancy lunchbox tools you need to amp up your game.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Pepperoni Pizza Toast
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich
- Carrot Mac & Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches
So if your charting into new territories like me or simply want some new ways to spice up the boring old lunch box I hope you found my recommendations helpful!