Use up the leftover turkey and cranberry sauce and wow your guest with delicious cranberry turkey salad on croissants!
Happy Thanksgiving. I have so many great turkey leftover recipes that I decided to post on Thanksgiving. I’ve got another delicious turkey leftover recipe for you today. If you have a few cups of turkey leftover and at least a half cup of cranberry sauce you are in luck! Just over the past few years I’ve started to enjoy chicken salad. So it occurred to me that I should use up my leftover turkey and cranberry sauce to make this cranberry turkey salad on croissants. I had thought about making the turkey salad sans the cranberry sauce and slathering the cranberry sauce directly on the croissant. But I really wanted to taste the cranberry sauce through out. I used my cranberry mango sauce for this recipe. but you can use any cranberry sauce. I don’t think that the cranberry jelly would work for this recipe. In that case you would want to just add a slice of the cranberry sauce to the croissant and then pile on the turkey salad. I used half of a honey crisp apple to give it extra sweetness and crunch plus a stalk of minced celery.
With just a few ingredients you can transform your leftovers into a magical new meal. These luxurious croissant sandwiches make for an ideal lunch or even a perfect dinner paired with a soup or salad (or both). Your family and friends will not even realize they are eating leftovers.
Looking for other leftover turkey recipes? Try a few of my favorites:
- Turkey & Stuffing Dumpling Soup
- Turkey Pesto Pasta
- Chipotle Turkey & Black Bean Soup
- Turkey Pomegranate Salad with Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Pomegranate Salad Dressing
- Turkey Tetrazzini
- Scallion Pancakes with Crispy Turkey & Cranberry Hoisin Sauce
Katie Original Recipe
Cranberry Turkey Salad on Croissants
- ½ cup cranberry mango sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ honey crisp apple diced
- 1 stalk celery minced
- 2 cups turkey
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 6 croissants
- In a large container mix together the cranberry mango sauce and mayonnaise until well incorporated. Add in the apple, celery, turkey and fresh parsley. Mix until combined.
- Slice in half and toast croissants. Place lettuce on croissant and 2 scoops of turkey salad. Repeat until all sandwiches are made. Enjoy!