Creamy Pepperoni Pasta Salad made with 6 ingredients and in under 30 minutes it’s perfect to serve as a side at your next barbecue or pot luck. Children and adults will love this fun twist on the traditional pasta salad recipe.
Barbecues and pot lucks always need a pasta salad. This recipe for Pepperoni Pasta Salad is a crowd pleaser and requires only a few ingredients. We have a group of friends who we like to barbecue often with. In order to do this we typically delegate each family to bring a dish or two. The host family almost always provides the main dish. These are small barbecue get-togethers, so I’m always searching for a smaller side dish to bring that doesn’t necessarily have to feed an army.
That’s where this Creamy Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad recipe was born. Everyone loves pepperoni pizza and pasta salad so why not marry the two together? Genius, right? You can thank me later. I know my family loves pizza like my pepperoni pizza popcorn and my Pepperoni Pizza Toast. So why not make a fun twist on a pasta salad, too!
In this post you will learn the following information.
- Suddenly Pasta Salad Creamy Italian – I like to use a boxed pasta salad mix as the base. If you can’t find this or don’t want to use this you can use any type of tubed pasta, dried Italian seasoning dressing, and some thawed from frozen, peas and carrots.
- Mayonnaise – This gives the creaminess to this pasta salad.
- Grape Tomatoes – You can leave them whole or cut them in half.
- Mini Pepperoni – I like the mini, but if you don’t have those you can use regular pepperoni and cut them in quarters.
- Fresh mini mozzarella pearls – I like the tiny pearls, but once again, you can use whole mozzarella and dice.
- Basil – Lots of fresh basil to bring the flavors up a notch in this semi-homemade pasta recipe!
Cook the pasta according to package; boiling for 13 minutes. While pasta is cooking, Slice grape tomatoes, pepperoni (if using regular size pieces), and separate fresh mozzarella pearls. Drain water and rinse with cold water. Set to the side.
In a large bowl combine mayonnaise and seasoning packet. Place cooked pasta in the bowl with the sauce mixture and then add in the grape tomatoes, pepperoni and fresh mini mozzarella balls.
Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Before serving chiffonade the basil and mix into the pasta salad.
Most pasta salads take anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour to get cold in the refrigerator. This all depend on how much pasta salad you need to chill.
Yes, you should always rinse the pasta after you done cooking it for pasta salad. It will immediately stop the pasta from cooking, and it will also begin to cool the pasta to bring it to room temperature.
Pasta salad in general is not one of the healthier side dishes. It’s always best to make the pasta salad from scratch so it has less processed ingredients. The biggest concern with Suddenly Pasta Salad is that the sodium is on the higher side.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks I’ve found helpful when making this recipe.
- Prep – Prep all the pasta salad ingredients while the pasta is cooking on the stove top. This will help expedite the preparation process.
- Rinse Pasta – Once your pasta is done cooking, rinse it with cold water until the pasta is at room temperature. This will help the pasta salad chill faster once it goes into the refrigerator.
- Chill – Once your pasta salad is mixed together, seal the salad with a lid or plastic wrap and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Side Dish Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to serve at your next barbecue!
My garden is currently bursting at the seams right now with grape and cherry tomatoes and fresh basil among other things. I’m finding ways to incorporate tomatoes and basil into just about every recipe these days.
If you make this Italian pasta salad with pepperoni recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, and subscribe to my email list!
Creamy Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad
- Stove Top
- 1 pkg Suddenly Pasta Salad Creamy Italian
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 13 grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup Mini Pepperoni
- ½ cup Fresh mini mozzarella pearls
- ¼ cup Fresh basil chiffonade
- Cook the pasta according to package; boiling for 13 minutes. Drain water and rinse with cold water. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise and seasoning packet.
- Slice grape tomatoes, pepperoni, and fresh mozzarella. Place cooked pasta in the bowl with the sauce mixture and then add in the grape tomatoes, pepperoni and fresh mini mozzarella balls. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving chiffonade the basil and mix into the pasta salad.
- If you don’t have mini pepperoni, you can quarter large slices of pepperoni.
- Can’t find pearl mozzarella at the grocery store? You can chop up pieces of fresh mozzarella in the salad.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!
I want to try layered mexican party salad.
I would try the chicken pesto salad
Gina M (Wild Orchid)
I would love to try this recipe–http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/quick-antipasto-pasta-salad/6cf0c2f7-405c-463e-a66a-d4eb62106822
Entered the Rafflecopter as “Wild Orchid”
Thanks for the chance to win!
wildorchid985 AT gmail DOT com
You won!!! Please check your email!
the Grilled Caesar pasta salad
The grilled caesar pasta salad look yummy, I love grilled romaine
Oh I would love to try the Quick Antipasto Pasta Salad first! That looks so good!
That looks so good! I would also really love to try the Chicken Pesto Salad! This is so perfect for the hot weather during outside grilling weather! Yum!
The mexican party salad sounds yummy!
I would like to make the Chicken Pesto Salad.
California Chicken BLT salad
I would love to try the California Chicken BLT salad first but they all sound yummy.
I’d love to try the Greek tossed Pasta. I love Greek salads!
I will like to try Southwestern Ranch Pasta Salad recipe.
Greek tossed pasta salad sounds good
Ashleigh @Being Cheap is Easy
I love how the Curried layer salad looks! We LOVE Suddenly Salad in our house! I always add avocado and pepperoni to the ranch one. YUM-O.
Betsy R Barnes
I would like to try the Betty Crocker Southwestern Ranch Pasta Salad recipe 🙂
I’d like to make the Layered Pasta Curry Salad.
I would try the Layered Curry Pasta Salad!
I would like to try the California Chicken BLT Salad recipe.
The Layered Curry Pasta Salad recipe looks fantastic!