How do you make a balsamic reduction sauce?
How long does homemade balsamic reduction sauce last?
Italian Dinner Recipes to serve with Caprese Salad
If you are cooking an Italian dinner then this recipe for caprese salad is a MUST. But what if you need to put together an Italian dinner? Here are a few of my favorite Italian dinner recipes.
- Bolognese Sauce
- Baked Shrimp Parmesan with Pasta
- Cavatappi Amatricana
- Tuscan Chicken & White Beans
- One Pot Lasagna Bolognese
Insalata Caprese with Balsamic Reduction Sauce
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 4-5 vine ripe tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a pot add balsamic vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved. Then reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture has thickened (about 10 minutes). As soon as it's reduced by half transfer to a glass storage container. Let cool to room temperature then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cut the vine ripe tomatoes in ¼ inch pieces horizontally (discard the stem pieces). Place the mozzarella and tomatoes alternating on a plate.
- Wash basil, pat dry, and place in between the pieces of mozzarella and tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste on top , drizzle extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction sauce over the salad.