Today is the last day of our week-long frozen treat week event. I’m sad to see it end so soon. Today, I’m sharing a milkshake recipe. For some reason, I’ve been living under a large rock for the past 20-some years and have never thought to make creamy delicious milkshakes at home. I think part of this might be because I never owned a powerful blender until earlier this month. Now, I’m a blending machine–and I’ve made my share of milkshakes.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for a Strawberry Pineapple Milkshake. This isn’t your normal decadent or even boozy milkshake. It’s a fresh and flavorful summer milkshake, and all you need is a few ingredients! The day that I made these I text messaged my neighbor and asked if she was back on her diet. I’m trying to be a supportive friend. She exclaimed now and that she started tomorrow and I told her I would be right over. And this my friends is what I brought her… a delicious (and in my mind a semi-healthy) strawberry pineapple milkshake. So whether your not a fan of chocolate or just want a different and fruity milkshake, give this recipe for strawberry pineapple milkshake a try.
Katie Original Recipe
Strawberry Pineapple MilkshakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 8 oz. Can of crushed pineapple
- 2 cups Strawberries stems removed
- 3 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 tbsp Whipped Cream
- Fresh strawberry for garnish
- In a blender combine the crushed pineapple, strawberries, and vanilla ice cream until pureed about 30 seconds.
- Pour into two small glasses or one large glass. Top with whipped cream and a fresh strawberry for garnish. Enjoy!
- You can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh if you don't have them on hand. Just thaw them partially in the microwave or let sit out on the counter for 1 hour before blending.
Head on over and check out all the other amazing recipes!
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake from Nutmeg Nanny
Guinness Chocolate Milkshake from Cooking with Books
Pina Colada Smoothie from An Edible Mosaic
Blueberry Sorbet from Chocolate & Carrots
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Milkshake from Rachel Cooks
Blueberry Goat Cheese Coconut Ice Cream from Sweet Remedy
Coffee Smoothie with Fresh Cherries from Cook the Story
Twix Ice Cream Sandwich Cake from Foodie with Family
Mango Lassi Popsicles from Eats Well With Others
Greek Yogurt Popsicles from Damn Delicious
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie (Vegan!) from The Baker Chick
Our last day of giveaways have arrived and today we have a spectacular giveaway from Blendtec and BigKitchen! Two lucky winners will each receive one of the fabulous prizes. Make sure you wait for the widget to load. Giveaway open to US residents ages 18+.