This delicious recipe for Spiced Shrimp with Ginger Rice and Peas comes together in less then a half hours time! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner in.
Spiced Shrimp with Ginger Rice and Peas
- 2 tbsp Grapeseed Oil divided
- 2 Scallions, white and green parts seperated and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger peeled and minced
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 cup Long-Grain White Rice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 lb. Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Lime cut in wedges for serving
- 1. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil over medium-high. Add scallion whites, ginger, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add rice, salt, and 2 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until rice is tender about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and top with peas. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, then add scallion greens and fluff rice with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss shrimp with cumin, coriander, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque throughout, about 4-5 minutes. Serve shrimp with rice and lime wedges.
First published June 7, 2011. Republished with updated recipe card and some text on March 15, 2020.