Make your little valentine a mix of healthy and sweet snacks all combined in one large bowl to create the ultimate Valentine Snack Mix recipe.
One of the many fun traditions I have created for my children is to make a holiday snack mix. I let them pick out some of their favorite snacks and then we add in fun holiday themed colors to complete the mix. My Valentine Snack Mix is just like some of my past favorite holiday snack mixes like Halloween Snack Mix and Christmas Snack Mix. They all contain some similar ingredients like popcorn and pretzels.
Snack mixes are the one recipe that I always let my kids get hands on with. They love to dump, pour, and mix all the ingredients into the bowl. Of course, with them helping and picking out ingredients it results in the ultimate mid-morning and after school snack that is sure to be consumed in no time!
Table of contents
Ingredients for Valentine Snack Mix
I normally would search high and low for all the fun Valentine themed snacks; however, I know that is not always practical. So I grabbed whatever pink, white, and red snacks I could find at my local grocery store. Just know–you don’t have to stick to this exact recipe. You can change it up and add whatever Valentine inspired ingredients your family enjoys.
- Popcorn – You can make homemade popcorn or buy it already popped in a bag!
- Mini Pretzels – I like to use the smallest pretzels I can find for this snack mix.
- Chocolate Strawberry Cheerios – These Cheerios are a limited edition flavor. So if you can’t find them feel free to use any variety you like or have on hand.
- Freeze Dried Strawberry and Bananas – My kids loved freeze dried fruit and I loved that they were both red and white!
- Honey Roasted Peanuts – We always have a jar of peanuts on hand. Any nut will do.
- Valentine M&M’s – Any M&M’s will do but I like the Valentine’ variety when making the Valentine Snack Mix.
- Frosted Animal Cookies – These are a big treat for my kids since we only ever have traditional animal cookies on hand.
Directions for an easy Valentine Snack
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Divide and serve immediately or store for future snacking.
Valentine Snack Mix FAQs
Most trail mixes contain a variety of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit with an occasional sprinkling of chocolate. Snack mixes have all of the above plus popcorn, pretzels, cookies, candies, etc.
Always store your snack mix at room temperature in an airtight container. Depending on the contents of the snack mix will depend on how long it is good for. I find if I put popcorn in any snack mix it has a maximum shelf life of 5 days at most. This ensures the popcorn will stay fresh.
You can easily substitute any gluten free foods to make this a gluten free snack mix. This also goes for dairy free as well. Just make sure you read all the labels of the products prior to placing into the snack mix.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few of my favorite tips and tricks I’ve found helpful when making this recipe.
- Healthy Snack Mix – Swap out the cookies and chocolate covered candies with dried fruits, additional nuts and seeds, and dark chocolate chips for healthy Valentines snacks.
- Snack Mix Ingredients – The sky is the limit when it comes to what you can put in a snack mix. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Yogurt covered raisins
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Cinnamon Sugar Cereal
- Heart Shaped Mashmallows
- Teddy Grahams
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- White Chocolate drizzle
- Strawberry Marshmallows
- Red Hot Candies
- Dried Cranberries
- Kettle Corn
- Dried Cheeries
- Chex Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peanut M&M’s
If you love snacks like we do here are a few of my favorite easy snack recipes.
- 21 Kid Friendly Healthy Snack Ideas
- Pepperoni Pizza Toast
- Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn
- English Muffin Pizzas
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
- Family Friendly Popcorn Snack Board
If you make this Valentines Day Trail Mix, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Valentine’s Day Snack Mix
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Popcorn
- 1 cup Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup Chocolate Strawberry Cheerios
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Strawberry and Bananas
- ½ cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- ½ cup Valentine M&M's
- 1 cup Frosted Animal Cookies
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well. Divide and serve immediately or store for future snacking.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Dried strawberries and bananas may become stale after a few days in the jar.
- Recipe yields 7 cups.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!