Learn how easy it is to make my recipe for Hot Pimento Cheese Dip. A Southern classic appetizer fit for tailgating, a dinner party, or even your next date night in with the one you love.
If you love Southern food then I’m pretty confident you’ll love my Hot Pimento Cheese Dip. This Southern staple is great to have on hand for an easy appetizer. Since a majority of the items are either from the pantry or refrigerator I almost always have the ingredients on hand. This pimento cheese spread recipe is naturally gluten free and is great by itself or on just about anything you can imagine.
How to Make Pimento Cheese Dip
First, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a KitchenAid stand mixer combine the cream cheese, 2 cups grated cheddar, and mayonnaise. Mix until well incorporated. Stir in the chopped pimento, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
Spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray. Place the pimento cheese dip mixture in the dish. Top with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve with crusty bread, crackers, or chips!
Here are a few of my most frequently asked questions.
Yes, you can eat pimento cheese hot or cold. Both ways are delicious.
If you don’t want to make your own pimento cheese you can easily add some additional ingredients to your store bought pimento cheese. Add additional shredded cheddar, diced bacon or even some Louisiana style hot sauce.
You can eat pimento cheese dip with crackers, vegetables like celery and carrots. You can add a dollop on a fried green tomato or smear some on a juicy burger.
Yes, my pimento cheese dip has an 8 ounce block of cream cheese in it.
If you don’t warm up the dip and keep it cold it will be good for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. If you warm up the dip you’ll want to discard after 5 days.
Pimento cheese is a spread or relish made with cheese, mayonnaise and pimentos.
If you love a good dip recipe, you’ll love these other dip recipes I have below.
If you make this pimento cheese spread recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar + 1 tbsp
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped pimentos
- 2 tablespoon green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, 2 cups grated cheddar and mayonnaise. Mix until well incorporated. Stir in the chopped pimento, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray. Place the pimento cheese dip mixture in the dish. Top with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve with crusty bread, crackers, or chips!
- Storage – You can store the leftover pimento cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: There are affiliate links present in this post. That means if you click on a link and purchase something. I will receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your continuous support of Katie’s Cucina!