There are affiliate links in this post. That means if you click on the link and purchase something I will receive a small percentage of the purchase at no additional cost to you.
Today I’m sharing my easy recipe for Hot Pimento Cheese Dip. A southern classic appetizer fit for your next date-night in with the one you love (or for entertaining a derby party)! I’m sharing a little bit about the one I love and my favorite kitchen essentials that I received when we got married 6.5 years ago!
For those who don’t know, my husband and I have been together for 12.5 years and married for 6.5 of those years. Now with a new baby we are finding that we are having way more date-nights in. Even before baby we always liked to have a date-night in a few times each month. When we got engaged neither of us lived on our own yet. We both lived with our parents, worked full time day jobs, and went to college at night. We were not the typical college student nor did we live that lifestyle.
My husband popped the question 4 years and 9 months into us dating. I may have told him that by the 5 year mark if he didn’t know that he wanted to marry me that we were going to call it quits because I didn’t want any more of my precious years wasted. Yes, true story. Harsh, but let’s face it–reality. If your with someone for 5 years you should know by then if you are going to marry them.
Jon, sealed the deal and got down on one knee March 15, 2007 on the white sandy beach of Meagan’s Bay in St. Thomas, USVI. Of course I said yes… well more like “is this for real”? My inlaws graciously threw us an amazing engagement party a few months later.
Prior to our engagement party we had to create a registry. We were starting from scratch since we had never lived on our own. Thankfully, between our engagement party, bridal shower, and wedding our kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom was just about furnished for us.
6.5 years later and I’m still cooking with the same pots and pans we registered for and my trusty KitchenAid Stand Mixer. I use it daily. It’s a work horse and I’m so grateful that my parents bought me the stand mixer of my dreams!
12 Must Have Kitchen Products for the Perfect Date-Night In:
Since I’ve been married for a while I figured I would put together my picks for the ultimate wedding registry for those of you who might be at the point where you need to register for gifts for the kitchen. All of these items will help you create the ultimate date-night in any day of the week for the rest of your life.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer
- Threshold™ 45 Piece Sydney Sand Flatware Set with Caddy
- Threshold™ Sherbrook Classic Glass Drinkware Set of 12 – Clear
- American Atelier 16 Piece Dinnerware Set
- Slow Cooker
- Pyrex 19 Piece Bake and Store Set – Clear
- Ninja – Professional Blender – NJ600
- Olde Thompson 16 Jar Square Rotating Filled Spice Rack
- Threshold™ Glass Cylinder Canister Set of 4
- OXO Kitchen Tools
- Calphalon Kitchen Essentials 20pc Utensil & Gadget Set
- BakerEze Nonstick 10-pc. Baker’s Basics Set
What make’s a good date-night in?
Of course being with the one you love and food. Our typical date nights consist of appetizers or snacks and a movie. Since having, Ryder, my husband, Jon, now helps a lot more in the kitchen. He is my sous chef and will prep meat, chop veggies, mix, and do just about whatever I need help with in order to get dinner on the table in a timely manner. The same goes with date night. If we have a date night scheduled he will prep our appetizer or snack while I’m feeding and putting the baby down to sleep. Typically, Ryder is asleep by 8-8:30 and wakes every 3-5 hours. Perfect for a movie and appetizer in with the two of us!
My recipe for hot pimento cheese dip is a classic one. Perfect for cooler nights. You can use crackers, tortilla chips, or a whole wheat crusty bread to scoop up the cheesy goodness. I use my KitchenAid Stand Mixer and put in all the ingredients to make this dip. Bake it in the oven for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly and our appetizer is ready for our date-night in.
Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar + 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pimentos
- 2 tbsp green onion sliced
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, 2 cups grated cheddar and mayonnaise. Mix until well incorporated. Stir in the chopped pimento, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and hot sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- Spray an oven safe dish with cooking spray. Place the pimento cheese dip mixture in the dish. Top with a tablespoon of shredded cheddar. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes until golden and bubbly. Serve with crusty bread, crackers, or chips!